Purplemaniacs Posted May 3, 2012 Share Posted May 3, 2012 Oh no how annoying. I have not done any of mine for a week or so I am supposed be studying for the last assignment of my OU course but keep getting distracted Will try to do some this weekend as well as some studying. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 4, 2012 Share Posted May 4, 2012 Well I finally finished my jumper last night, it took ages to sew together because it has narrow stripes that needed to be lined up, but I am really pleased with the results. I am wearing it today and it is lovely and cosy. I have spent the morning hunting amongst my knitting bits and bobs and those of my girls looking for 6mm needles to start the cardy and have now found some, so there will be no stopping me now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kazmac Posted May 4, 2012 Share Posted May 4, 2012 Oh no how annoying. I have not done any of mine for a week or so I am supposed be studying for the last assignment of my OU course but keep getting distracted Will try to do some this weekend as well as some studying. Chrissie I feel your pain - I have to submit my last OU assignment in a couple of weeks and have my module exam in 4 weeks and haven't done a bit of studying ........ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 4, 2012 Share Posted May 4, 2012 2 inches Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 9, 2012 Share Posted May 9, 2012 Had a very productive weekend and now just need to knit the armholes on the back, I have done the decreasing just need to knit to correct length now I don't think that I have ever made such a swift start on anything. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 10, 2012 Share Posted May 10, 2012 Back done first front started I have joined Ravelry too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted May 11, 2012 Share Posted May 11, 2012 Well done you have caught me up and I started ages ago but I have written more than half of the words needed for my final OU assignment of this module so I may treat myself and do some knitting this weekend Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 11, 2012 Author Share Posted May 11, 2012 Well done Liz Chrissie - Glad you can treat yourself to some knitting Can't wait to see some more photos I'm planning a quiet weekend, feet up with my needles clicking Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 11, 2012 Share Posted May 11, 2012 Hopefully this is a link to photos of my progress so far and my recently finished stripey jumper. http://www.flickr.com/photos/78401407@N08/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 11, 2012 Author Share Posted May 11, 2012 Liz that is looking fabulous, as is your stripey jumper A very talented knitter you are Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 15, 2012 Share Posted May 15, 2012 Left front now finished, I must be on for some kind of PB here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 20, 2012 Share Posted May 20, 2012 Right front done and sleeve one started. There are two incorrect stiches on the right front, I didn't notice them until I had nearly finished it, so for now they have been left. My family say that in an fairly textured pattern knitted from colour change wool, that I would be mad to undo it just for that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted May 20, 2012 Share Posted May 20, 2012 Well done, it looks a bit like you are the only one knitting. I have now sent my OU assignment now I must do some housework, it has been neglected over the last week or so and then I will get my knitting out again I think if it was me I would redo the front as I would know about the couple of incorrect stitches Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 21, 2012 Share Posted May 21, 2012 I think that I will have to do this too, if a job is worth doing and all that I finished it off, because I wanted the colours to run through evenly, that way I can re-do it with just the right amount of wool, but I am getting on with the sleeves at the moment. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted May 21, 2012 Share Posted May 21, 2012 Mine has been put aside due to this gorgeous weather. That's my excuse anyway! We could all do with a summer top to knit now.... Spacechick? ( bet she is already on the job). Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 21, 2012 Share Posted May 21, 2012 I think that this will make a lovely throw on for a summer evening outdoors , that's my plan, in which case it will get worn once Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted May 21, 2012 Share Posted May 21, 2012 Mine has been put aside due to this gorgeous weather. Lucky you, its freezing here. I should get knitting so I can wear it. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 21, 2012 Author Share Posted May 21, 2012 I am knitting a short sleeved jumper Emma .... But it's from my "Chicks with Sticks" book on my kindle, so I can't share this one Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 At last I have finished the first front and have started the other front Amazing what you can do when you have an unexpected afternoon, should have been shooting arrows but the shoot was postponed to today due to the grotty weather Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 I too finished my first front last night - the delay is due to the new (ish) doglet being too fond of the balls of wall! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 I haven't done any for a couple of weeks, apart from a couple of rows on my first sleeve on Saturday. May do some whilst watching Andy Murray today, but have to do some work at the allotment too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted June 4, 2012 Author Share Posted June 4, 2012 Sounds like the wet day yesterday has helped some progress Can't wait to see the finished cardys My cardy was the last garment I finished.... Had a jumper disaster that had to be pulled... And am now on another jumper but have only completed the back and started the front Like you chickencam, busy allotment time I've just taken a break from shelling broad beans that need to be blanched and frozen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 My beans are lateer than yours just setting now, I knitted quite a lot of my sleeve today whilst watching Andy Murray, whilst OH went to the lottie to plant some plants. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted June 5, 2012 Author Share Posted June 5, 2012 These broad beans were a super early variety OH has been trying to get different varieties. We even have green tomatoes on OUTDOOR! tomato plants which are a super early variety I'm hoping that today I will get some knitting done and some bass guitar practice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 10, 2012 Share Posted June 10, 2012 First sleeve finished and second one now 3 inches long, thanks to tennis and football watching Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...