Saronne

What I saw on Freecycle

My favourite was someone who wanted a double bed. Must have fully-working drawers in the base and a new mattress, and they had no transport and would need it delivered, oh and they were disabled so if you wouldn't mind taking it up the stairs and putting it together ... :shock:

I wouldn't mind a Caribbean island, if anyone's got a spare one they're not using? Swap it for chicken poo? Anyone? :lol::lol::lol:

A carribean island or two maybe :lol:

I've had people try that one on me - can you bring it round etc! It makes me cross when people ask for ridiculous things.

Ive only ever asked for a cardboard box & a pallet. I've given away tons!

In fact, the same woman who earlier today just asked for a hot tub is now posting asking for a petrol strimmer!!!! Anything else dear... Maybe a gas barbeque & a magnum of champagne to go with the hot tub!!!

Sorry rant over :oops:

Blimey. Animals are not allowed to be offered or taken on my local group. I'd report that one to the administrators.

It appears to be up to the individual group whether animal requests and offers can be made. On Sunday someone was offering a four year old guinea pig and cage as their son had "lost interest in him". I don't agree with this and will make my views known to the mods on the site.

Animals are allowed on our Freecycle group too. I have seen quite a few dogs, cats, hamsters, and cockerels up for offer :( Makes me really sad. Can't help wondering what sort of homes they go to (especially the cockerels).

Today we had 'Wanted: 8x6 Summerhouse' on our Freecycle. A little bit specific methinks!