fluffy chick

2 poorly orps, red sore skin and prolapse!

This may be a long story I'll try and be brief!

A few weeks ago one of my chickens (pekin) had signs of myco, so I took her to the vet who gave me tylan (she suggested I treat the whole flock for 5 days) the original hen cleared up after 2 days but another was showing signs so the vet gave me another 10 days which finishes today. One chicken is still showing signs so I'm going to separate her to treat her for another 5 days. But I'm hoping this will be the end of this. :?

In addition to this I noticed lice and red sore skin on 1 of my orpintons so the vet also gave me deosect to dilute and spray on the whole flock. I must say after weeks on using lice powder every weekend to little effect this stuff worked wonders! Cleared up the lice brilliantly, just done it again 2 weeks later (as the vet suggested) and no sign except the old eggs. However her skin around her bottom is still red and sore looking, I would have thought a fortnight of no lice would've calmed the skin of irritation? :? There is little feather growth around here and I'm starting to worry about hen pecking. :(

In addition I've noticed today my other orp has a small prolapse from her vent. To be fair it was showing as she was going in to lay and it's now gone back in, I've never noticed it before so I'm guessing it only comes out when she lays. Do I need to worry about this if it is going back in on it's own?! :(

After writing this it sounds like my flock is on it's last legs! i should say that they are all perky, eating and laying (albeit we can't eat the eggs :roll: ) Even the ones that had / have myco are ok apart from bubbly eyes for a day or two, and the vet thinks we've acted quickly enough to beat it.

Any suggestions about the red sore skin and prolapse would be greatly received. Also I understand my birds will always be carriers of myco but has anyone beat this nasty disease?