Guest Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 Whenever I've see your OH Choccy he always looks very nice PS Panama hat and shorts, he sounds like a typical english male Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 but for someone 30 years older I think he just doesn't DO sunny weather. Anyway my one OH clothes gripe Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 I have to wear a suit to work - and my wife buys them for me from M&S online. Its easy peasey - you can buy a jacket and two sets of trousers for not much over £100, and you don't even have to go near a shop! And it gets delivered to your door - no traipsing round looking at stuff and having to try it on. No shops and people fussing around asking if you need any help, and have you seen this or that. No choices to make about what colour, what pattern etc. - you don't even have to see it until it arrives. She picks it, orders it - all you have to do is pay for it. Magic. The ultimate shopping experience. Fantastic - way to go. Im with you Richard. I must be the only woman I know who HATES shopping. Cant stand it - queing, hot shops, annoying people and miserable shop assistants. We do all our shopping online - for everything! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 I must be the only woman I know who HATES shopping. Cant stand it - queing, hot shops, annoying people and miserable shop assistants. I'm with you there Chelsea. Add to your list rowing couples, spoilt brats throwing wobblies because they want their own way, mobile phones going off right left and centre, tills not working, being goosed at the checkout by someone else's shopping, trolleys with no sense of direction. Torture. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 Ahhhh, yes - yet more reminders of why I HATE it sooooo much! We have better things to do with our time dont we? (like being on here and tending to our chooks ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 I must be the only woman I know who HATES shopping. Cant stand it - queing, hot shops, annoying people and miserable shop assistants. I'm with you there Chelsea. Add to your list rowing couples, spoilt brats throwing wobblies because they want their own way, mobile phones going off right left and centre, tills not working, being goosed at the checkout by someone else's shopping, trolleys with no sense of direction. Torture. Hey, this is wonderful to read. I always thought that it was something to do with X chromosomes - if you had two of them it meant that you loved spending time staring in shop windows, browsing through racks and racks of clothes or shoes (when you already have millions of them at home already) and visiting 150 shops on principle before you go back and buy the first thing you saw from the shop you visited 9 hours previously! I now realise that I was entirely wrong and apologise to the 50% of the population who I have just upset (who probably make up 98% of this forum's contributers). Incidentally, has anyone run a poll to find out the % of men and women contributing to these threads? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 I must be the only woman I know who HATES shopping. Cant stand it - queing, hot shops, annoying people and miserable shop assistants. I'm with you there Chelsea. Add to your list rowing couples, spoilt brats throwing wobblies because they want their own way, mobile phones going off right left and centre, tills not working, being goosed at the checkout by someone else's shopping, trolleys with no sense of direction. Torture. Hey, this is wonderful to read. I always thought that it was something to do with X chromosomes - if you had two of them it meant that you loved spending time staring in shop windows, browsing through racks and racks of clothes or shoes (when you already have millions of them at home already) and visiting 150 shops on principle before you go back and buy the first thing you saw from the shop you visited 9 hours previously! I now realise that I was entirely wrong and apologise to the 50% of the population who I have just upset (who probably make up 98% of this forum's contributers). Incidentally, has anyone run a poll to find out the % of men and women contributing to these threads? Chelsea and I obviously are the beneficiaries of a recessive gene as the behaviour you describe in the text which I have highlighted in blue exactly describes how my daughter shops despite my excellent example! She must be a throw back to a previous generation though, because she certainly hasn't inherited her ability to spend money from her father! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 You are not alone folks! You can add me to your 'i hate shopping' list! My OH is the shopper in our house. He once said that if we win the lottery he would like to shop his way around the world - i said i wouldnt mind as long as there was a beach & good book store nearby! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 Another non shopping woman here too! I can't say I hate shopping as I can look round the pound shops and have had lovely bargains. However, I always happen upon my clothes purchases and never purposely go clothes shopping for fear of disappointment I can only spend about five minutes in a shop, have trained myself to recognise the type of fabric at 50 paces and therefore can stand in the doorway and with a sweeping gaze assess everything in the shop and usually turn and leave at that point The only place I enjoy browsing is in a charity shop. Everything under one roof and bargains to be had( I try to only buy off the pound rails!). I have a friend who once went into Birmingham and spent the whole day browsing/spending in one shop OK, it was a department store, but a whole day! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 hello, I have just nearly (very nearly) killed a brat I went shopping (food - not clothes) and there was a brat (cant even bring myself to call it a child) squealing, for about 10 minutes at a time if I could have found it - I WOULD have killed it I actually enjoy food shopping but I do not like brats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
starboyhull Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 Hey couperwife..... Good job you wasnt on our train this afternoon.......This "family" if you can call them that, got on and it was like a circus........they where running riot screaming, shouting and generally being awful.......We cant stand brats like that........I would have got such a slapped bum if I had created like that when I was younger..........It was almost mass murder on the train Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted July 2, 2007 Share Posted July 2, 2007 when I was little we were told to sit down, there wasnt any pain if we did as we were told, but if we didnt mum wasnt happy I cant believe that people are happy to let their children behave like animals we dont let our animals behave like animals Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...