Why is it that photos of used Eglus on ebay have pristine roosting bars but mine have white discolourations where the poo was that don't seem to want to scrub off? :think:

I can scratch at them with a finger nail but don't really want to do that so I just wash the muck off and give them a wipe over with animal safe disinfectant.

We're had our Cube for about 9 months and I give it a thorough clean out every week.

Does anybody else have the same problem - or even better, has anyone found a way to clean the marks off?

I am sadly very excited about my new cleaning trial from this morning with bicarbonate of soda. I knew the stuff was good, but .....it is brilliant! I used 3 tsps of bicarb to 1 tablespoon of water, mixed to a paste. Wiped it on the bars, most of the vile white gunk came off straight away, left the bars for 15 mins approx, came back and hosed the bars down...RESULT....very clean bars. Will experiment with less bicarb next time. :D

Having just pressure washed mine and still left with the calcified deposits, will have to try the bicarb route next. Gave the whole cube a wash today with the washer....and a bit of patio, and a chair, and one of the plastic run covers. I can't stop once I get going with the Karcher! Roll on the warmer weather though - it was a chilly process just washing with cold water. Will also get a spare pair of bars - makes sense.

Sue

My power washer takes about 2 mins to set up. Open garage door, connect to pipe and blast away. Do the whole cube every fortnight, lovely and clean and dismantle and put back together in under an hour.

Must admit pretty cold and wet job in the winter, but I couldnt imagine doing it by hand.