Mel (& Paul)

RANT - FIREWORKS!!

Dan, I am so sorry for you.

You must feel horribly "trapped" in the town where you grew up & still surrounded by family & friends.

Well done on overcoming the negative equtiy, that must have been a lot of hard work.

I am lucky I suppose, firstly because I like where I live & secondly because if we ever did feel the need to move I would have no qualms at all about leaving my home & family here.

As far as I am concerned my family are Hubby & The Girlies,they are absolutely my first concern :P

I know I am in the minority feeling this way,as my friends have told me......

We are going to Cornwall for a week next year - an area we adore - & Hubby is already muttering about property prices,smallholdings, Holiday lets & Chickens!

But he is also muttering about France, which is just a little too far for me :?

Life (& marriage) is never easy,is it?

A heartfelt agreement here *Sarah*, I just spent all day on the Isle of Wight because hubby has a thing abut it, lots of precious memories and childhood holidays. Now he wants to either move us all out there :shock: , or spend money we don't have on a holiday home out there, let it in the summer months and call it my pension :shock:

I've moved well away from my family, we're a very scatttered lot, but middle sis is about to beat us all and go to NZ, via 6m in Oz, in the new year. Hubby's stayed close to his Mum, and as she gets older she relies on us more. I just can't see him making the break :roll:

Just as well really, I mean, the Isle of Wight :shock:

OK, please, if there are any IOW egluowners out there please come and put me right. It's a 8) and :lol::lol: place really.... isn't it :shock::wink:

Our neighbours from two doors away phoned to ask if our chickens were all locked up. They were. It was their son's birthday and he had some fireworks he wanted to let off. "Thank-you for letting us know" I said, through gritted teeth, then went upstairs to watch industrial strength rockets and airbombs right above the Eglus :twisted:

I'll be surprised if we get any eggs tomorrow :twisted:

We had a load of fireworks last night too. I can't figure out why, but several neighbours i all different directions were really going for it :shock: . Zola went off lay after Nov 5th, then laid again this friday & saturday, suprise, suuprise, no egg from her again this morning. I guess it'll be another 2 weeks before she gets back into her stride, and then it'll really be the Christmas run up. Good job I don't rely on her eggs.

I am getting really bored of all these fireworks now :roll:

Sounds like you cant win either way? :(

Lets hope it does'nt affect the chooks too much?

My girls slowed down.....one started laying soft eggs....and someone layed an egg that looked like it should have been wrapped in purple foil and came from the cadbury's factory....as a mini egg!

Fingers crossed we seem to be getting back to some sort of normality.

Two out of three aint bad.

Well I don't think we can complain too much about a prolonged Diwali, mabe that's what was going on around here last night too. But Diwali does seem to be a fairly major Hindu celebration, and I've no complaint about other religions celebrating their holy days- just wish that over-officious councils would recognise that those of us who are Christian might like to celebrate our festivals too..... Winterval :evil: . But Bonfire night isn't really much of a celebration by anyone's standards, all in aid of a catholic plotter who failed to blow up King & Parliament, yet just how long does that drag on :? , often with displays financed by local councils :shock:

Sorry, bit of a rant there... think I need another glass of wine and to chill out a bit more.

No fireworks here tonight though, thank goodness :)

Thanks Dan. It's good to know the reason, but I'm afraid we are very white, middle class round here and I don't think Guru Nanak's birthday can possibly be the reason for our fireworks. Probably for some very insignificant person's birthday!

I might celebrate if he got lost there! He seems to think he's gone there as a celebrity amongst a load of ordinaries. He doesn't do anything for himself and wouldn't know how if he had to!

Watched the 60+ men last night (David Dickinson and Bobby Ball) trying to cook a meal. They hadn't a clue what to do with the carrots. 'Do we cook the leaves?' Neither of them had ever cooked in their lives!