Charlottechicken

Song Quiz

Whilst I await part two of the fiendish car quiz from work, I have created my own!

All you have to do is guess the song from the first line or lines printed below. (it helps if you like the same random music as myself though :roll: ) No prizes for getting them all right.

1. I came upon a child of God, He was walking along the road

and I asked him where are you going, and this he told me

2. I’d like to stay in love with you, all summer, and after the fall, I’d keep you warm through the winter

3. If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man, You win some, lose some, all the same to me

4. When ice cold winds of winter chill me to the bone, An' thoughts of summer breezes turn my heart to stone

5. Every day I spend my time drinking wine, feeling fine, waiting here to find the sign that I can understand

6. On the first part of the journey I was looking at all the life, There were plants and birds and rocks and things, There was sand and hills and rings

7. Wanna tell you a story 'bout a woman I know, when it comes to lovin' ooh she steals the show

8. 'Bang!' goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van.

9. Once upon a time not so long ago, Tommy used to work on the docks

10. Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand

11. If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

12. Take me now baby here as I am, pull me close try and understand, desire is hunger is the fire I breathe

13. Well, I just got into town about an hour ago. Took a look around see which way the wind blow

14. When the routine bites hard and ambitions are low, and the resentment rides high but emotions won’t grow

15. Come on everybody, see her play at 45. She's a rock'n'roller, makin' with the old hand jive

16. Rain, sea, surf, sand, clouds and sky. Hush now baby, don't you cry

17. I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you, you never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it

18. As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realise there's not much left

19. Thinkin' bout the times you drove in my car. Thinkin' that I might have drove you too far.

20. See me in me heels and ting, Dem check sey we hip and ting, True them no know and ting, We have them going and ting

Good luck!

got wooodstock and horse with no name also Patti Smith. There's also Python Lee Jackson in there (no 5) with In a Broken Dream (Rod Stewart earning a crust in the early days) and a brilliant Barclay James Harvest track - Mocking Bird (no 16) which went on for nearly 7 minutes on the album. Fantastic - you don't hear stuff like that these days

There's also Python Lee Jackson in there (no 5) with In a Broken Dream (Rod Stewart earning a crust in the early days) and a brilliant Barclay James Harvest track - Mocking Bird (no 16) which went on for nearly 7 minutes on the album. Fantastic - you don't hear stuff like that these days

Well done Richard! Obviously a man with taste :D

I don't know if I'm right, but I understood that Python Lee Jackson were an Australian band whose singer let them down at a recording session so they used a session singer - Rod Stewart. John Peel I think had the rights to the recording but nothing was happening so he sold them - just before the Broken Dream single did really well.

I don't know how true all that is - perhaps its just one of those urban myths.

Barclay James Harvest were a terrific band - touring with massive orchestras and, allegedly, making very little money because of the cost of doing so!

I've put all my old vinyl (from the 60s onwards) onto MP3 now so I've got a great selection of stuff, from Free, Fairport and Supertramp through the Pet Shop Boys to Bo"Ooops, word censored!"o, Gorillaz and Keren Ann. All wonderful stuff!