iar fach goch

problem with texts

Have had my mobile since last year and had no problems. This week however I have not been getting my messages from OH. I had accused him so many times of not answering my texts or passing on information about boys football matches etc but he has been sending them, and they show as message sent on his phone. I am receiving texts from my other contacts, obviously I can't be sure that I'm getting them all, but so far the only ones noticeably missing are those from OH's phone. Any ideas?

I know this sounds crazy, but has he accidentally blocked your number? My BF managed to do this a few months ago by playing around on his phone, so he got my phone calls, I could get phone calls off him, but he couldn't receive any texts I sent him

I did this to Rosie recently... no idea how it happened but she complained that each time she rang me it went through to VM. :oops:

On my phone (Android) the blocked numbers can be viewed in the 'phone' screen by hitting the menu button along the bottom. I think it also shows up when you view their contact in 'people'.

Hi.

This happened to me recently in that my OH could not receive any of the texts I sent him. Texts from all other contacts were fine for both of us and I had not blocked him. Phone company could not identify a reason and in the end, we had to get another SIM for my phone and then it was fine.

Coincidentally, at work, I ordered new phones for new people recently and three out of the four have had to have new SIMs sent because the data bundles would not work.

I'm not technical so I can't give you more information than that, though!

Mrs Potts

If you get the answer would love to know, any txts I send my friend dont get recieved yet she can send to me it started back on the Jubilee weekend and it caused her hours of worry as we were both sailing they had left the day before and the weather etc wasnt great so when we left the following day and the weather was worse she sent us texts to check we were all ok of course she wasnt getting our replies to say whilst it was rough the kids had gone home with my uncle in a car and we were soaked to the bone but 'loving it' (have to say it was a lovely sail home our boat Beatrice Ann did us proud)

Anyway now I get texts from her but always have to phone with the answer ? I have had my phone checked so it has to be something with her handset or provider .... I half exepect all my texts to be held up somewhere and one day she will get a million txts at once :lol:

Has your husband tried completely powering down his phone and restarting ? It forces it to re-connect to the network and that can sometimes sort issues (may not hurt for you to do the same with your phone).

Unfortunately text messages are not guaranteed delivery. They were originally designed for the network engineers to test the networks and someone (I can't remember who) suggested we let phone users send these messages. I remember the discussions (makes me feel so old :oops: ) because I'd been working on developing email systems before moving over to telecoms and taking part in the GSM design committees.