Egluntyne

The Great 2013 Declutter

As I am having a new kitchen ( October 7th ) I have begun the long overdue de clutter in the kitchen, all old appliances shoved to the backs of shelves etc......Out , all the unbelievable amount of waste paper .....out. Unused and unwanted baking trays , tins, pan even ....out.

Then in the drawers, what a lot of mess has fallen down behind the drawers and not even been missed. ( took the bottom drawer out to discover loads ) All out. Glasses next, all odd and chipped have gone out .

Amazed at the room in my cupboards but the appliances won't go in them ( juicer, coffee pot , toaster are too big to go in my cupboards) My pans live on an open ended shelf, more for easy access than sensible storage and all because the cupboard that they should go in has the hob gas pipe stuck out across the cupboard so nothing can go in it. The nice kitchen men are going to sort that out for me. Also the awful plumbing under my sink that prevents me storing my detergents in the cupboard .( they're all on the window sill and worktop next to the sink )

Then upstairs to tackle the wardrobe and drawers. I have sent loads to the charity shop, and all the kitchen things to Church for our community stores for the needy, which will also get a lot of food stuffs just now when I sort out the food cupboard prior to emptying it .

And despite all my efforts my upstairs looks like a bomb has gone off. Where does it all come from ???? Why do we do it ????? I have more things for my grandchildren than I need. Now they are quite grown up they will all have to go too, toys , toiletries ,toilet seat , step etc ... no longer needed. It will be fabulous when I have finished.

But I fear it won't actually be done till The kitchen is finished and all the decorating gets done.

Getting pretty fed up of manoeuvring around the new oven, hob and hood which are in the sitting room and the ceramic sink which is on the kitchen table. :lol::lol:

I'd say it is a thorough shake up , which really started when I got the new boiler in May, :clap: in readiness for the new kitchen and I have put it off and put it off till we are a month away and I really couldn't leave it till the last minute when I actually empty the kitchen, where on earth would I put all the unwanted with workmen loaming over me ? :oops::oops:

Also my two old wood sheds are going on the weekend of the 20th to be replaced by one large new shed, which is going onto an adjustable base rather than have to dig all the garden up . Now don't laugh ....but then my camping kit......tent.... everything can go out in the new shed and I can have the under-stairs cupboard back and put the hoover and ironing board where they belong...out of sight.

The last thing I want to get done before Christmas is :pray::pray: sort out the loft !

I am so glad I don't have a garage !

Sounds like my house. :lol:

We are having our double glazing done, starting on Monday, we will then have the bathroom done. We have already had the outside of the house painted this summer and have done loads of dad cluttering. The garage is currently full of books and clothes for the charity shop along with other stuff. Our local shops aren't taking donations at the moment because everyone has been doing the same thing all summer. :roll: it will all soon go though.

I was forced into sorting out my bedroom and clothes when we discovered that the shower was leaking last week and it had made the cupboard under the sink in the en suite damp, where I store a lot of things for re gifting. I had to find a new home for these things and this involved me sorting out the wardrobe and drawers, a long over due job. :roll: