Alis girls Posted March 17, 2013 Share Posted March 17, 2013 My allotment is like a bog. I think the seed spuds will rot even with manure dug in. Has anyone planted theirs yet? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted March 17, 2013 Share Posted March 17, 2013 My mum has planted some potatoes in my chicken run!! Ground is not too wet and very fertile They haven't stuck their heads out yet so not sure how they are doing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eggasperated Posted March 17, 2013 Share Posted March 17, 2013 Mine are still chitting, I won't be planting until April but I haven't even attempted to get my ground ready yet as its so wet . I have shallots and garlic in pots in my polytunnel waiting to go out but again I have the same problem with saturated ground - I am just trusting it will all work out in the end. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted March 17, 2013 Share Posted March 17, 2013 my mains should have gone in this weekend but the grounds to cold so they'll have to go in at Easter with my earlies as long as the grounds not to wet it's no good planting spuds in soaking wet ground as much as they need a good amount of water they don't like to swim in it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
counturchickens Posted March 18, 2013 Share Posted March 18, 2013 I've got a few in the greenhouse in a bag, but sub zero temperatures again this week so nothing in the ground yet. Hoping can do it at Easter! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted March 21, 2013 Share Posted March 21, 2013 i went to start digging a hole to put chicken manure in ready for my runner beans later on, but i gave up, the ground was horrid. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted March 21, 2013 Share Posted March 21, 2013 We are doing nothing until the Easter weekend at the earliest, too wet and cold, also working flat out so no time, we going to put in some seeds before gong away for a week, but just no time or decent weather Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redbug Posted March 21, 2013 Share Posted March 21, 2013 I'm waiting for the weather to get better to put in some spuds. Want to dig a new area in garden to put them in. Maybe move the chickens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted March 22, 2013 Share Posted March 22, 2013 Waiting patiently for the weather to improve! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...