freddie

The Fantastic 5!

Well done Freddie. Lisaroo, we have had 4 lots of ex batts now and you will be fine. Generally they're not too bad, if a little pale and have floppy combs, although our latest batch we're a bit worse, but it doesn't take them long to settle in and start looking better. Last time little birdie was almost completely bald but within a few weeks she got all her feathers and lays the most beautiful eggs. They are really rewarding, so I would say go for it!

These ones are in really good condition, as they were an unexpected lot from a barn hen situation. They are fairly feathery, (unlike the last lot!), a bit skinny, and scared of everything, but I'll feed them up, and they'll be fine. I've nevre seen such pale legs, and pale combs!!

Ex batts vary tremendously. I know here in Devon next week there are another 1500 needing homes, they are only 18 months old, and are so lovely; I've always had ex batts, they lay like machines, even when they are pathetic, and are such happy little birds! Take the chance, you wont regret it, and any life you give them is better than the mincer.