Minnie&Moose

Molly's progress - looking good!

Hope that tonight will be a bit easier for Molly and you all. It's going to take a while to get used to it, I'm sure.

It all sounds very complicated and distressing with the testing.

When I moved house I got lots of cardboard boxes and cut holes in them which kept them busy for hours. I also got a catmosphere treat ball which kept one entertained. Might Feliway help in this situation, I wonder?

All the best for an easier night

An update on Molly - so far she's doing well. She's had a growth spurt, is eating well (she'll eat virtually anything), and is back to being a happy, playful kitten again. She's bonded very strongly with my 12 yr old son - slopes off to bed with him and only pops downstairs for a her last meal before heading back to tuck herself in beside him for the night. The rest of the time she's happy to play with/sit with anyone who's around which is lovely. All being well she'll be spayed at the end of the month - I think we'll all be quite anxious afterwards but so far things are looking good for Molly kitten :)

Well, Molly is still with us and looking fine. She's been being spayed today and I've just heard I can pick her up in an hour :dance: . We've also had bloods taken to test her FCoV antibody levels - so hopefully her levels are low, and will be 0 when we have her tested again in a few months time. If all goes well, and it looks like Molly's clear of FCoV and not a threat to another cat we'll then explore the possibility of getting her a companion cat (my wonderful vet has offered to help us identify another cat who would be of minimal risk to Molly and suitable as a companion for her).

Molly is currently very grumpy with us. Tiny portions of boring white fish (what she likes is raw, preferably minced venison or rabbit or a nice chewy chicken heart, not boring cooked chicken and fish). Even worse, all her humans have suddenly turned really stupid and just don't seem to be reading her signals right - it's time for fishing rod games, and a good run around, not sitting quietly and recovering!

Molly is recovering well from her spay. She's been very good and left the incision alone (no cone of shame for her :D ). She's skipping up and down the stairs again, climbing the curtains, and swinging from the top of the kitchen door (that's where she greets me from each morning :roll: ). We've had her blood results back - not as good as either I or the vet was hoping for - her FeCoV antibody levels are quite high (not alarmingly so but very clear that she's been in contact with, and mounted an antibody response to, the corona virus) but at least we now have a baseline from which to monitor her. As long as she stays healthy she'll be tested again in September and hopefully we'll see the levels dropping by then.

She's looking very 'fetching' at the moment with all her shaved patches: normal spay shave, clipped sections on both front legs and, best of all, all of the underside of her throat going down onto her chest (for the blood samples)! I'll see if I can get a picture of her to illustrate!

Molly appears to be following in the footsteps of our old cat Max - who tested us regularly as to how much we loved him by seeing how much we were willing to fork out at the vet's for him! 8 days after being spayed Molly developed a 'droopy bulge' below her spay scar - she'd ruptured an internal stitch (we'd been good and kept her as confined as we could but a 7 month old kitten doesn't seem to get the 'no jumping, no running, no hurtling through space' rule. Anyway, I took her back to the vet who examined her carefully, pushed her bulging innards back into her body cavity, and booked her in for surgery. In the meantime Molly has been eating for England, grown noticeably (the vet commented on it and he only saw her 4 days ago) and her insides have remained in their rightful place :dance: So, no surgery for Molly today, but she's on a further 7 days restricted activity :roll: .

Yes, Molly's bulge is still no longer a bulge :dance: We are all going crazy though - I have now removed all the curtains from the rooms she's currently allowed in to reduce her climbing opportunities (I dread to think what the neighbours might have seen :oops: ), and we still carry her between floors when we move rooms - otherwise she'd fly up 4 flights without stopping! We've been told to keep her quiet until the end of the weekend - it's going to be a very trying few days I fear :wall:

Minnie&Moose wrote:We've been told to keep her quiet until the end of the weekend - it's going to be a very trying few days I fear :wall:

*snorts* don't you just love it when they say that? I remember trying to keep a young lurcher 'quiet' after her spay :roll:

Perhaps it's all a big joke and vets and nurses everywhere are having a laugh at our expense? :lol:

Well, Molly's still doing really well. We'll be booking her in for her next antibody test at the end of the month. I meant to post some pictures of her post spay (she's a little bit bigger now but not much) - so, here are a couple of pictures of her from earlier in the summer. Her spay shave is now completely regrown, unlike in the pictures, and she's looking rather lovely.

click

Edited by Guest