Minnie&Moose

Molly's progress - looking good!

Molly was very good and the vet was able to get a sample without sedating her. The vet has just rung this morning with her results - she's gone down considerably, from 640:1000 to 160:1000, so she's definitely heading in the right direction :dance: Whilst it's possible her antibody levels could go up again, we're working on the premise that it's highly unlikely this will happen - so, all being well, we'll test again in January to see if she's made further progress.

Molly is still doing well. She's had fun playing with the Christmas tree :roll:, and has destroyed a lot of catnip and fishing rod toys over the holiday period, and is now booked in for what we hope will be her final set of bloods to check her FeCoV antibody titre. Fingers crossed for a good result so we can start looking for a suitable companion for her.

I got Molly's latest tests yesterday. Unfortunately they're not great. Her antibody levels have shot back up to where we started from - the lab and vet suspect she may be a chronic shedder for the corona virus - so Molly has to remain an only cat for the foreseeable future. She's healthy in herself so there's no immediate cause for concern for her. She can still go outside because the risk to other cats from that kind of intermittent contact is minimal fortunately - but I do feel sorry for her because our work demands have escalated over this last year so she's on her own for very long days and she's clearly not very happy about this :(

Aw, that is disappointing news that she's not in a position to have a playmate, but great to know she's still well in herself.

My parents have always had single cats & worked, but the cats have always appeared contented. As she's able to go out I'm sure she'd find things to entertain her in the big wide world.

You'll have to get her some in house entertainment like a fish tank to watch! (Sorry, my silly sense of humour!)

Often cats are happiest as a single house cat. Adding another cat not from the same litter can cause problems that never go away. Cat behaviour is a complex subject and family groups are just as complex. I'm sure she will be very happy as part of your family on her own. :D

I have two that don't get on at all causing one to have behavioural problems (over grooming and urine marking) and they would be happier as single cats. They tend to ignore each other all day and sleep in the house or go out for short times separately, then when we get home they have cuddles in the evening. I have to make a fuss of one and my DH fusses the other :roll:

Often cats are happiest as a single house cat. Adding another cat not from the same litter can cause problems that never go away. Cat behaviour is a complex subject and family groups are just as complex. I'm sure she will be very happy as part of your family on her own. :D

I hope so. One of her predecessors decided to take matters into his own paws when his brother got killed - I never knew who I was going to find curled up with us all on the bed when I got up in the morning :oops: It got so bad that I ended up giving a neighbour a key to my house so that she could come and visit her cat in my house :roll:.

Well, Molly our cat whose littermate died of FIP, turned 2 yesterday :dance: ! It feels like quite a milestone, given the stress and misery surrounding her first year. As far as we know she's still shedding the corona virus (she's still an only cat because of that) but, according to the vet, once she reaches 3 we can consider her very very unlikely to develop FIP. We're still careful re trying to minimise stresses etc but she seems like a very healthy, robust little cat - always busy, not really a lap cat, but loves to play.

So glad to hear all's still well with Molly and roll on her 3rd birthday.

My Loki-cat used to be more of a play-cat than a lap cat, but that has all changed as he's got older. Now he wants to sit on my knee (when he chooses) for an intense cuddle - lots of eye contact and hugs and talking, no doing anything else - then he just gets up and goes away, cuddle-battery recharged. Cleo likes to sit with me rather than on me and stretches her paws out when she wants to be stroked.

Cats - complicated creatures :lol:

Molly has just turned 3 and not only is she still hale and hearty but she's also finally no longer showing an antibody response to the corona virus :D So, now she's clear of the virus we're thinking about trying to introduce another young rescue cat/kitten. She gets on better with male cats than female ones so the local rescue have us down for a young male when a suitable one comes along needing a home.