Chicken deficient

Calling all Pekin fans

Lovely piccies. We are now down to a lavender and a black one with gold around her neck - not sure what she is? We lost the blue one earlier this year.

I did see a lemon one when we went chook hunting earlier this year (when it seemed like only 1 bird was laying out of 5 and put it down to age) and I rather fancied that. Looked like vanilla ice cream with lemon sorbet! I do like pekins mainly because of their huge range of colours. Oooh we need a Quigley piccie for lavender frizzley awesomeness! :lol: And not particularly fond of the lavender's excessive "I'm great at laying eggs" over-announcing abilities.

Awful photo I know, but please meet Six and Seven, (the two in the centre):

9353680480_604bbb070f.jpg

On the suggestion of the lovely lady I got the eggs from, they were incubated and hatched under the light on my desk. I didn't even use a thermometer!

Myrtle was more than happy to take them, so they are now happily integrated with the rest of the brood, though Six was convinced I was mummy for a while and still looks at me rather fondly.