sparkysmum

Annabel : from breeding dog to family pet :)

We picked up Annabel this evening :D and so far all seems to be well. She is incredibly quiet tho. I know that the other outdoor dogs bullied her but wasnt in any sense badly treated by the breeder. She hasnt made a sound :!: Her coat is good and not at all matted and she has eaten her tea which I think is positive. Sparky and Daisy have been incredibly well behaved 8) Daisy hasnt objected for a second even although Annabel is sleeping in her bed. She does need a trim and hopefully I can persuade someone to do this for me tomorrow. Pics soon. Axx

Edited by Guest

Annabel has had a lovely day :D She is eating happily and going in and out of the house when she wants and has bonded with Hazie who is currently smitten by her :D She is sooooooooooooo submissive tho' and I hope this will change with time. No toileting accidents so far 8) Here she is with her girls ~ Hazie and Daisy

DSC_0056_zps8115349f.jpg

IMG_5446_zps54e52115.jpg

On Hazie's bed

IMG_5394_zpscae1201f.jpg

Have arranged a haircut on Monday for her, cant wait to see her pretty eyes. Hope you like. Axx

Know what you mean, ANH! Sparks took days to bark too but he hasnt stopped and now that he is getting a bit senile he sometimes just stands in the garden barking.

Annabel is becoming more confident and ran to meet me in the garden today :D She wags her little stumpy tail when she sees OH and Hazie and guess what ~ she is def hen friendly :!::!: Big relief. :D

Day 3. Today Annabel had a haircut and a long walk with Sparky and Daisy on a lead. The haircut went well. We know the lady and she was kind and gentle. Annabel was terrified so she sat like an angel. :? Later we took her on Sparky and Daisy's regular walk. She got the hang of lead walking really well. Everything spooks her tho' and sudden noises make her drop to the ground.

Toilet training is not so good, although I know its early days. A couple of pics to show off the new Annabel :D

IMG_5747_zps34ca0190.jpg

92273e28-b60e-4083-9e9b-5a92d3229ee1_zpsf4603934.jpg

IMG_5850_zps7d7fac56.jpg

Thank you for all your kind replies and encouragement :D We're only on day 4 and still making progress. Today she walked off lead round the Laighills . She trotted along beside us but seemed to like being just behind Simon's heels, which was rather sweet. She has really taken to Simon in a duckling sort of way. :lol: No little deposits today either :clap: Lets see what tomorrow brings........... Ax