xChicken04x

Gelli baff

I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of this stuff, i think its horrible, has anyone got it?

I was looking through Woolworths the other day and it was there so i looked in the ingredients and at the end in small wrighting it said "not to be used with children with heart conditions" it made me think what exactly is in this stuff?

My cousin ordered some of TV (she works as a jernolist and was writing a artical about it) but was appaled when she couldnt find the health warnings that was on the stuff in Woolwoths.

what are your veiws?

Goo ingredients : Gellibaff is a harmless powder which holds 400 times its own weight in water. A similar substance is used in disposable nappies. The dissolver sachet is pure table salt, the same as you put on your chips!

Ugh ugh ugh

You know the TV advert and the kids are playing in that jelly stuff? its hard to explain....you add it to bath water and it turns the water into gloopy jelly stuff...not nice.

Ahhh - I assume its shown on childrens TV?

We don't watch that (children are too old!)

It sounds vile anyhow - what on earth would it do to your drains?

I do know my SIL & BIL would buy it for their children though, the muppets 8):roll::lol:

I'd not seen this advertised - I don't watch live telly so fast forward the adverts (Sky +) and DS watches Cbeebies so no adverts there. It looks a lot like the water gel crystals you can buy at any garden centre for a fraction of the price, with food colouring in. I used to sell these at the boot sale as something to put cut flowers in at an absolutely huge mark up and I still have some tubs in the shed. I'm gonna see if they turn back to water with added salt and if they do..........

Hope next Sunday is a sunny day and I will be seeing lots of mugs at the boot sale.

Just had a quick look as I'm sure it's something that my kids would ask for (if they ever find out about it :twisted: ). It says not suitable for children under 5, is slippy and will sting if it gets into eyes :shock:

Erm ... personally I think that is not a sensible combination for kids, no matter how much fun it is!

Sodium polyacrylate, is a crosslinked acrylic acid polymer sodium salt

Acrylic acid is severely irritating and corrosive to the skin. Eye contact can result in severe corneal burns and may result in irreversible injury. Inhalation of vapors may cause irritation to the respiratory tract, drowsiness or headache, although simply smelling the monomers does not mean you are being exposed to a hazard (air monitoring is necessary to determine exposure). The odor is described as pungent and acrid. Low exposure will cause minimal or no health effects, while high exposure could result in pulmonary edema.