miller30

What a bad idea NOW WITH PICS.

I knew this would happen some of my pekin groups have come back into lay so I thought I would stick 20 eggs in my incy just to check fertility and then once ive candled at day 3/5 chuck them out but ive had a sneaky peak on day 3 and apart from 1 they all look fertile now im hankering on the idea oh shall I just hatch them but I don't do chicks this time of year oh what to do :lol: leanne :)

Edited by Guest

They are now 13 days old and double the size they are getting their wing feathers the 2 lavenders are both frizzled which doesn't surprise me as my breeding boy romeo gives me plenty of frizzles and the 3 lemon cuckoo I hatched are 2 girls and a boy which im happy about and thanks again shabby chic for putting the pics up I really need to learn how to do it myself leanne :)

Just thought I would have a little update out of the 15 chicks I rehomed 4 to a lovely family which left me with 11 which out of the pekins are 6 boys and 3 girls a trio have been reserved but that will leave me with 1 little girl and 5 boys oh and the 2 clumsy brahmas which I should know what sex they are in about a month a bit annoying the first batch of the year have been more boys but that's life leanne :)

What gorgeous little chickies! I'd love to be able to do this at some point (need to actually get my hens first, teehee!) but I'm curious to know with such a large amount of male chicks - is there demand for them or are people not interested in buying future cockerels so often?

I'd be in so much trouble with my neighbours if I started hatching, got loads of boys and then couldn't do anything about it - don't get me wrong, I like the sounds they make... neighbours - not so sure!

Hi this was my first hatch this year and they were all boys apart from a couple I cull all boys by 6/8 weeks sometimes you get lucky and can rehome or but not very often I always say to everyone if you want to hatch its better to have plans made for any boys leanne :)