Charlottechicken

My first refashion

I've been following a few blogs for a while, where the authors buy cheap clothing and make something else out of it. I love the ideas they come up with, and sometimes I do think I wouldn't have quite done it the same way they have. Anyway, I thought I would have a go when OH caught sight of a coat I never wear and said he would quite like a waistcoat in the same fabric.

So, I ended up turning a ladies size 10 Primark wrap blanket coat into a mans size XXL waistcoat!

Link to blog post for refashion

OH loves his new waistcoat too!

Thank you, ladies! It's not finished to a particularly high standard though. I'm now working on another, it was a coat my mum has thrown out. Bit more fabric to work with but I have to tape all the seams as it's very prone to fraying. The original coat was padded and OH doesn't want a padded waistcoat!

Just realised I didn't update the blog with photos of him actually wearing it :roll::oops:

Well done, I like make do and mend projects.

Your photos reminded me to see if I can get hold of a dressmaker's dummy - I sold my old one when I stopped dressmaking and I need to take photos of some dresses that I am selling on ebay. Lesley, I don't suppose that you have one in size 10 that I can borrow?