LolaLayla

Dog dancing - name suggestions?

As some of you know I go to 'heel work to music' classes with Lara and she now needs a full name. She is not registered so I have to make something up. I think ideally it should have a dancing theme or be something glamorous. My ideas are totally rubbish. 'Lara shooting star' or Lara Olympic Flame don't really fit the bill. I just know you clever Omleteers will be able to help :pray::)

It's really difficult! I registered Tango for agility (it still amuses me that I have a KC registered mutt :lol: ) and I chose "Takes Two To Tango" (would be quite a good one for HWTM!). I also chose "You've Been Tangoed" but they didn't allow me that one. You will need to come up with two names for the form. I'm afraid I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, but does anyone at your class have any ideas?

Tango's name is great :) There are only ever one or two at the class so am struggling to get help. Lara is quite difficult to fit with something. When you say you need two names. Would Lara count as one :?: I haven't started the process yet so didn't know that.

Sorry, when I said you needed two names, I meant you need to give the Kennel Club two choices of name that they then pick from - my two choices were Takes Two To Tango and You've Been Tangoed.

But the name itself does need to be made up of two (or more) words and doesn't have to contain your dog's name unless you want it to.

The name also needs to be unique (ie never been registered before - no mean feat!) and less than a certain number of characters - I forget how many. It also cannot contain certain dog-related words. So it's not easy!

The official KC Activity Register form with guidelines might help you.

The only thing I'd point out is that if neither of your name choices can be registered (ie doesn't meet the KC criteria or has already been registered) then the KC will pick a random name for your dog. There is a box on the form that you can tick to ask them not to do this - if you don't want them to pick a random name then make sure you tick this box! Good luck :-)

Thanks for your help folks. I think I will use some sort of derivation of her name and something 'dancer'. I was talking at class about it last night and was thinking of 'darling' or possibly 'dahling' for a bit of fun.

I will try to get a photo of her doing a move or two :)