atsw

2nd hatch of 2014 [pics]

ANDREW! Marmite is a daddy...I must send you some piccies!

Thanks Sha, that's great news. OH was only asking me yesterday if there was an update on Liquorice's eggs/chicks/chickens! Please do send over some pics, we'd love to see them.

Hope everyone is well xx

Yes, all very well thanks. Somewhat surrounded by chicks as you'll have noted, but have today found a home for all the 'spares' (including the Poland boy and the Pekin boy), so all-in-all a very successful 2014 hatching.

Will post pictures of the (now quite grown up) chicks before they head off to their new home.

Andrew

As promised, here's a couple of pictures of the little ones before they head off to their new home. In front are the two Pekin (both boys) and then there's four Polands towards the back (1 x Boy, 3 x Girls).

IMG_0606s_zpsfa6afd84.jpg

IMG_0608s_zps5b16ce2d.jpg

My 'Big Girls' are now back in their 2/3 of the WIR, the Crested Cream Legbar and Cuckoo Marans are in the other 1/3, together with two Polands that I just had to keep :roll:.

Cheers

Andrew

I've named my two Poland chicks as Mel and Sue (in honour of the two hosts of The Great British Bake Off on TV). Here they both are at 16 weeks old and now looking very grown up.

IMG_0761bb_zps227d660c.jpg

IMG_0750b_zpseea2f562.jpg

How they ever see where they are going is a complete mystery to me, but they seem to cope just fine :lol:.

Andrew