atsw

2nd hatch of 2014 [pics]

Our Gold Partridge Pekin, Honey, was one of our first 'home hatches' back in 2011. Fast-forward three years and now it's her tun to be 'Mum'. A total of 4 chicks, 2 Pekins and 2 Polands. 1 black and 1 white of each.

IMG_0380s_zpsa5fbe72c.jpg

IMG_0383s_zpsa4ec38e4.jpg

Andrew

Adorable! Please keep the photos coming! :D

As requested, the Pekins and Poland chicks (from two different hatches) have been moved into their specially constructed 'apartments' in the WIR. They are now 10 days old.

First, the Pekins and first Polands (one Pekin chick hiding).

IMG_0417s_zps75667dbc.jpg

and next, the 2nd set of Polands.

IMG_0426s_zps2318e951.jpg

The 'big girls' are not at all happy at having been evicted from the WIR to live in the original Omlet Run :notalk:.

Andrew

Thank you atsw! I have no experience of hatching so it's amazing to see how quickly they are growing!

If you'd like to watch a short slide-show of all three sets of chicks growing up, click here. I've added captions so you can see how old they are in each picture. I'll add more pictures as time goes on.

P.S. Sorry, but you won't see anything if you're using a Tablet or Phone. The slideshow will only display on a Computer at the moment.

Andrew

I love the brown speckley one. Is she a pekin ? I see she has fluffy feet coming.

Yes, in that brood there are two Polands and two Pekins. The other Pekin is quite shy and retiring and not as keen as his siblings to be photographed. Both Pekins had fluffy feet from the day they hatched.

Andrew

How are they getting on now?

They are all doing very well, thank you. They will be six weeks old this Thursday.

Here are the 2nd set of hatchlings. Mum with 2 x Pekins (1 brown, 1 black) and 2 x Polands (1 black, 1 white). Pretty sure both Pekins are boys, and the black Poland is too.

IMG_0533s_zps0bfe0af4.jpg

and here are the 3rd set. Mum with 4 x Polands (3 black, 1 white). Not so sure about this lot, but could be 1 boy and 3 girls.

IMG_0540s_zps921d13e9.jpg

Andrew

They're looking lovely its good that some are hens too I like the black ones with their legs. I've got some australorps in the incubator along with some CB Marans and CLB x CBM so will be interested to see how yours in the legbar thread turn out. Your broodys are great too.