I originally constructed my Aviaries4U WIR in 2009. Sadly, Aviaries4U stopped taking new orders in January of this year, but the run they built me is still going strong, even surviving the ravages of the 2013/2014 winter storms.

This weekend, with three sets of chicks to house, I've added some internal construction to my WIR to turn the single 15' x 6' run into three luxury 'apartments' (each 5' x 6'). There are internal doors to allow easy access to all three sections, and the panels have a fine mesh to keep the light levels and visibility up, but the new inhabitants apart 8).

Here are some pictures of the end result. The new 'tenants' seem very happy with their accommodation.

IMG_0421s_zps5218c381.jpg

IMG_0426s_zpsae8ca654.jpgIMG_0432s_zpse78254ef.jpg

While the chicks and their 'Mums' seem very pleased with the new arrangements, the 'big girls' are not at all happy at having been evicted from their previously spacious WIR to live in the original Omlet Run :notalk:.

Andrew

That's a great use of the space - looks fab 8) .

Thanks ANH. The WIR has been a great investment. Honestly, I've not had to make a single repair to it since it was originally constructed in 2009. The wood is all still fine, I've never had to re-treat it. The roof does have a couple of places where it drips in heavy rain now, but it has to be a real down-pour, and I've only really noticed it since the big storms earlier this year (I think the strong winds must have lifted some of the corrugated sheets breaking the seals). You get what you pay for in this world, and every penny I spent on the WIR was very well spent. It's sad that such a great company stopped production, but I'm guessing cheap imports crippled their business :(.

Andrew