WitchHazel

When did UK14 become "XXL"!?!

I was looking at some tankini tops on Ebay, and there were ads for other "related" ebay auctions running across the bottom of the page.

One of them caught my eye, it was for a1950s type bikini. Not suitable for me at all, but I took a look out of curiosity.

I scrolled down to the information bit where they had the sizes.

And this is what they had:

2014-06-01_09-00-57_zps531391d6.jpg

Size 8 is medium? Size 10 is large??

Good job I wasn't interested, I don't think they have enough Xs to descrobe my size (especially when you look at how the tag size relates to the actual inches size)!

Since when has a size 14 been a 33 to 35 inch bust :shock:

Must be the same sizing they use for making those ladies fit t shirts at concerts. I was looking at buying something at a concert once and the girl next to me asked for a medium size t shirt. They brought it over and she proclaimed loudly and indignantly, "That's not a medium!". At the time I was seven stone in weight and would've struggled to fit in it!

heh - I nearly bought a medium shirt on ebay yesterday. Good job I checked. Medium was a 30' chest!

I'm used to that sizing from Chinese/far eastern sellers so always screen those out, but this must have been an importer

On that size chart I guess I'd be a XXXL! ouch! :evil:

If I am seriously interested in buying ANYTHING for me from E bay I ALWAYS message the seller and ask for measurements. I love Fat Face and Boden tops but they can vary by up tho 3.5 inches...thats a lot :roll: !

I have been caught out several times and have had to resell items that are labled a Fat Face 14 and don't fit whereas I have about 6 F/F 14s which fit beautifully ! When brands vary so much on their OWN sizing it makes me so mad :evil:

Sizing is bonkers now, it is high time there was a manufacturing standard set. If something is made for the UK market then it should be UK sizing.

I tend to stick to a couple of brands now as I am fed up taking two or three sizes int the changing rooms, jeans are a complete nightmare.

I am damn sure ALL jeans are now made for pubescent boys!!.......the low slung waist which just doesn't work when you are the edging 50, have had 3 kids are are going through a forced menopause due to medication!!!!, when poop picking while walking my dogs involves a quick hike of the bottom area! Not attractive, muffin top, camel toe,junk in the trunk...it's a new language isn't it...one that doesn't fit and I don't like it.

As a serious charity shopper, I've sifted through loads of different brands of jeans looking for the holy grail of denim! I've found Cotton Traders do higher waist jeans than most, and I have a lovely pair of MOTO jeans (Topshop, I believe) which are pretty high waisted too, and only cost a pound. It amazes me how tiny the zips are on the low slung ones, and I usually search for jeans in the charity shops by just looking at the zip length :D

Those low slung jeans are not attractive on anyone in my opinion, neither are they practical (builder's bum, anyone :shock: ) And they give even the skinny minnies a muffin top :roll:

The only jeans that I buy now are M & S Per Una, they seem to be made for women again now with higher waist styles. Their sizing is flattering because I can buy a size 12 there but everywhere else I am a 14 :roll:

Yup, I am with you on this brand; a 12 is a good fit (tho I suspect I'm prob and 11 as they can get a little loose when worn a few times and 10s are def a little snug :think: )

But a nice high waist and just the right amount of stretch :dance:

I agree that hipster jeans do absolutely nothing for most girls - I am a size 8/10 and I buy high waisted jeans because I actually have hips and am not just straight up and down! Hipsters give me a dreadful builders bum and unattractive muffin top! :lol: I bought some fab high waisted jeans from ASOS which I practically live in.