redhotchick

Hi! Ideas for 50th please!

Hello lovely Omlet people.

My sister is 50 this year and I have finally negotiated a date from her to do something together. I was planning on booking an afternoon tea at a nice hotel and then piling back to my other sisters house for a meal, prepared whilst we were out. House decorated etc...

That could still be a plan, but I am thinking that she might be expecting something more. I said involving an overnight stay. So I am wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel that does dinner, bed and breakfast on a Saturday night for £70 or less per person? Even better if it has a pool. I have seen some Groupon deals for around that price, but I would prefer an Omlet recommendation! Shropshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria, Merseyside, greater Manchester, North Wales, Derbyshire, that kind of area. Not too far a drive!

Any advice gratefully received.

Whilst writing, I've been trying to sell my Eglu for ages now and I'm dropping the price to £200. Do you think that's reasonable? I would have said it was in good condition earlier this year, but now it has some creasote splashes on it from where my neighbour splashed it when painting his fence. Not very noticeable. I have put it in the garage out of the way now, but I'd sooner pass it on to a good home before it gets any more damage!

OH bought me tickets to watch cricket for my birthday, something that I wanted to do, we went to Trent Bridge Nottingham and then a week or so later to Leicester. As his 50th was a month later I bought him tickets for Northampton. If your sister likes sporty things perhaps tickets to watch a match?

Have you put your eglu on the for sale page on the forum. It sounds a good price to me, does it come with a run?

Chrissie

Hi Chrissie and Soap Dragon, I have just typed up a response, got distracted, was automatically logged off and I've lost the reply that I typed up. So in brief, I haven't tried Gum tree. I have advertised on the "Eglu to sell" section a couple of times since March. Starting at £300, reducing to £250. I haven't advertised at £200 yet. *yes it comes with a run!

My sister is more of a good food and good wine type, and not adverse to a bit of pampering!

I am definitely still thinking of afternoon tea with champagne and then back to the house for dinner and a chill out. My OH has offered not to go for afternoon tea and to stay behind and prepare dinner. He is a great cook, so that would be a treat anyway!

Hi, not sure of costs especially on a Saturday but I went with some friends for an overnight stay through bookaspa.com we stayed at a hotel with pool, had two treatments, dinner and breakfast included as a special deal through them. There are lots of different places to choose from so may be something in budget which might also do afternoon tea maybe?

I am 50 in October and looked at a number of activities etc. With two youngsters in tow (10 and 6.5) an overnighter is not an option but I think that I will prob go to a local spa for a pamper day; 3 treatments totaling 2hours 20 mins, unlimited use of the pool, sauna and gym and 2 course lunch for £118.00. Mind you, given that its a spa the 1st course is prob a beansprout and the 2nd a grape :cry: .

Am now working on getting OH to take the day off so that he can do the school runs :roll: !

Gumtree is a good option for advertising - people will travel too if there is something that they really want and £200.00 sounds way too cheap (unless theres something really wrong with it!?) Maybe wait until early Sept to re advertise as there are so many people on hols at the moment :think: Good luck! 8)

I like the sound of your original idea. I can't think of anything that sounds better.

Aw! Thanks Patsylabrador. It will only work if my sister who lives by the Afternoon tea place is available and accommodating! She hasn't confirmed to me yet.

I've heard that my sister's sister in law, is planning a spa day. That makes my original plan seem even more appropriate. Nice to do different things with different people.

I haven't got any ideas for you, but this is where I'd LoVe to spend my 50th :D

http://www.cliffbarns.com

I think it is a little pricey though, so unless we have a big lottery win, I guess it will just stay a wish :lol:

Cliff Barns (a Dallas fan with a sense of humour?) looks great. Bit far for one night for me, worth bookmarking though. I couldn't see the prices?

The £200 is my attempt to get it out of the garden before it does deteriorate. I'd rather it went to someone genuinely wanting to keep hens and looking for a reasonably priced way in. If anyone knows anyone, please let me know! x

OH and I went to a country house hotel in Anglesey that did Dinner b and b for about £140.00 for both of us. They had a spa and pool although treatments were extra, cant remember the name of it but try typing in country house hotels Anglesey