Ladylucan

I am soooo stuck......

I am still stuck with regards to when i should mix my babies and big girls, :cry:

The babies are now 13 weeks tomorrow, and they are poland bantams, the two new ones are about 10 weeks old and they are legbars so are bigger than the polands,

I know there is never really a right time, but i think the longer i leave it the harder it will be. :D

I really would appreciate any help and suggestions that you all may have, xx

I would put them in - I've introduced all my chicks from about 10-12 weeks. In the first few days I hang around for a while and if any of the big girls are getting too 'interested' they get a swift 'nudge' out the way.

The wee ones still get a few pecks or growled at when they're at the feeders but so far nothing too vicious (touch wood!).

I agree, don't think theres ever a 'right' time so I'd say 'go for it' :D

Well i braved it today, ..... i let one of them free after i had clipped it wings, and all the big girls came running, and started picking on her , so i rescued her and quickly put her back in, :cry::cry::cry:

after a cuppa, i decided to give it another go, i clipped all their wings first putting them back in the run, then all at once i opened all the doors, 7 babies against 7 big girls,..... confusing, the big girls didnt know who to go after first, and it seemed to confuse them, and infact after a little peck if they got in the way, the babies seemed fine.....

Will try again tomorrow.... :lol::lol::lol:

well so far so good, i have heard some noise coming from the run, but the moment i go out there they all are on their best behaviour with that ''it wasnt me '' look !!!

I tried my water sprayer but it must be blocked as i got more wet than they did,

I shall keep watch :roll::roll::roll:

Glad things are going ok Tracey - now that you've taken the plunge best to just let them get on with it. My wee ones know to keep their distance, but its getting better all the time - yesterday 2 of the babies and 2 of the big girls were feeding from the same feeder at the same time, that was nice to see :D

Seems to be going ok, when i went to close their doors last nite one of the babies was asleep with the big ones, i did move her as i didnt want to tempt fate in the morning, but they have been ok, they have had their moments, and the babies are getting braver and moving further out across the run, so still ok, at the mo . :lol::lol: