AndyRoo

The deed is done! MWAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder if she'd started to lay before you got her.

2 days with out an egg 's not bad for a youngster that's only just started to lay

According to the girl at the farm, both the white star and bluebelle were in lay before I bought them. So far only the white star has produced eggs.

They're a decent size egg given how small she is. If her pattern continues I am hoping for another egg tomorrow.

I am really hoping to see some from the bluebelle shortly. Is it possible that maybe hens just never ever lay?

Some hens never lay. Friends of mine have hermafrodite hen that has only one ovary and they don't lay eggs then.

But in your case it is still early days and it might be that you are just a tad impatient... :wink::lol:

It would be typical of my luck to end up with a gender confused hen! :lol:

I'm not usually impatient, but I was hoping to see something by now given that she was allegedly in lay before I got her. Maybe I'll have to go out and tap my watch at her...

Just catching up with your hens. Really lovely looking birds. Your Columbine/Skylines are gorgeous birds. My girl is the most cuddly and friendly of the lot.

Oh, thank you. They're the cream Legbars. Mine are actually the least friendly of my flock. They won't let you anywhere near them, and if you do manage to get hold of one to pet her, the screams are deafening. :lol:

The friendliest one we have is our ranger. She now happily follows us around and feeds from our hands etc. She's also quite content to be picked up and petted.