Sazzle

Newbie - still waiting for eggs

Hi everyone

Have had my girls 4 weeks now and am desperate to do the egg dance. Have taken some photos and would love some of your expert suggestions as when they will start laying. Also does anyone know what breed the grey one is. Many thanks

Oh. How do I add pics?

Welcome to the forum Sazzle.

You will need to make 5 posts before you can add pictures and then you will need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket as you can not directly add photos to the forum.

Do you know how old the chickens are? A good sign is a bright red comb and they usually squat for you ( they think you are the cockerel) :lol:

If you want to email me the pictures I can add them for you.

Hello!

Your bluebelle looks to be about the same size as the one we have (although it is hard to tell from pictures). I think ours is probably about the same age too, but we haven't had an egg from her yet... we're waiting eagerly too.

We bought ourselves a little white star hen who had treated us to several eggs now - which is not bad given we have only had them a week.

Even if we only get a few eggs over winter, come spring I am expecting to have more than I know what to do with and I am sure yours will be the same too! :)

Andy

Sooooo can you look into your crystal ball and predict my egg arrival? !gogreen!

I wish!

I've 2 Cream Leg Bars, 24 weeks. One of which is more russett than Cream & Im desperate to know what colour eggs they'll lay....still waiting to find out & the waiting is a killer!!

Too many factors to consider like age, breed, colour & size of wattle, mating crouch, time of year born - summer babies often delay laying till Christmas :shock: