HarrisonFamily

New Rescue Chicken..

Hi - a couple of weeks ago we got 3 girls from BHWT - Anastasia, Angelina and little Annabeth -I had 2 old girls - one was an original rescue chicken.

On arrival Anastasia was in such good condition it was hard to tell the difference between her and my original Madam Cholet, Angelina is also now looking very good ...Annabeth on arrival was the smallest and had lots of bald patches - I kept them separated for 10 days and intro's went well but poor annabeth got stuck under the feeder some how and got pecked alot on one leg...since them she is now perching constantly on the highest branch ...I have given her her own food bowl up there and she must be sneeking down for a drink but I think she is sleeping up there (not unless she is sneeking in the cube after dark). Even if I seperate the 2 originals again she is happy just to stay up there.

I have a large walk in run that can separated in half by a door.

Would you just leave annabeth or lift her into the cube at night ?

The others are all quite happy ...

Any advice would be appreciated

(My plan is when they all the new ones look the same I can just call them Ann :lol: )

Today things changed...I looked in the nesting box this morning and both old girls were cuddled up together...I thought it was because one of the others had laid an egg so they thought they would sit on it...(they haven't laid for months) - so I removed the egg.

I returned this afternoon and Madam Cholet had died in the nesting box :( ...no idea why but I think we have had her 5 \ 6 years and she was from BNWT...

Annabeth has now started coming down from her perch...