Cat tails

Very lucky mouse

Woke at 03:30 this night... from a sound... something was rummaging around the chicken run.

So went out armed with a flashlight and found: nothing... but spotted Red the Tomcat going inside.

Went back in and found Red having caught a mouse. Mister Mouse was still alive and managed to escape his attention and scoot underneath my storage cupboard door... I gave up and went back to bed.

So now the house tally officially is:

Human: 1

Cat: 1.5

Chicken: 4

Gerbil: 1

Mouse: 1

Now I have to remove EVERYTHING from said cupboard... which is more like a storage room...

Sorry Mullet...

But the little blither already pooped all over my garden chair cushions. How much poo can one mouse produce in one day! :shock:

Did give it a try last night to catch him, but he disappeared into the storage room. Was never going to catch him live with all the food around in there.

Got another present from Red, on my birthday even! Lucky me!

I actually woke up with him coming in with the little critter and he was proudly looking at me with said mouse in his jaws. Yelled at him to get out! He didn’t move... he just dropped the mouse... yeeeh...

Might not be nice to find a dead mouse somewhere, but live mice are definitely worse... Lucky for me and the mouse, I was able to catch it before it either escaped back in a closet or found an untimely death and managed to put it outside. 

On 1/15/2018 at 8:21 PM, Cat tails said:

Sorry Mullet...

But the little blither already pooped all over my garden chair cushions. How much poo can one mouse produce in one day! :shock:

Did give it a try last night to catch him, but he disappeared into the storage room. Was never going to catch him live with all the food around in there.

At least it was just poop.  When Mr and Mrs Mouse moved into the loft the chewed everything even electrical wires (RIP Mr Mouse). Got Rentokill in as we couldn’t catch Mrs Mouse and Family with a humane trap.  In the meantime, she chewed her way through everything in sight, suitcases, boxes, chair cushions.  She even chewed her way into the box of poison and fed it to her babies.  She was tiny and cute but did a fortunes worth of damage before hitting the trap 

On 1/16/2018 at 12:42 AM, Cat tails said:

Woke at 03:30 this night... from a sound... something was rummaging around the chicken run.

So went out armed with a flashlight and found: nothing... but spotted Red the Tomcat going inside.

Went back in and found Red having caught a mouse. Mister Mouse was still alive and managed to escape his attention and scoot underneath my storage cupboard door... I gave up and went back to bed.

So now the house tally officially is:

Human: 1

Cat: 1.5

Chicken: 4

Gerbil: 1

Mouse: 1

Now I have to remove EVERYTHING from said cupboard... which is more like a storage room...

This things happen to my room almost every night. I just ignored them and go to sleep without seeing them. In morning the king of my room the copycat is to ready to watch me to clean room. After that he'll go to sleep.