Luvachicken

I had a brainwave in the heatwave

I was thinking how to give the girls some lovely chilled water - as Dogmother had said that they like it more than warm water - and I was thinking about a frozen container of water and what I could use.

Then I remembered an old Glug in the shed :grin: so, I have filled it with water and made a big space in the freezer and hope it freezes in time for tomorrow.

I hope they will like it.

If not, I will have it :lol:

I don't go quite that far, but I often put a bottle of water in the fridge for them - along with chilled but water heavy treats, like butternut squash etc. which they enjoy.

My top tip for summer sleeping is something similar: fill a hot water bottle with cold water, leave it in the fridge all day, wrap it in a blanket and then stick it under your pillow when you go to bed! Bliss!!

8 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

I was thinking how to give the girls some lovely chilled water - as Dogmother had said that they like it more than warm water - and I was thinking about a frozen container of water and what I could use.

Then I remembered an old Glug in the shed :grin: so, I have filled it with water and made a big space in the freezer and hope it freezes in time for tomorrow.

I hope they will like it.

If not, I will have it :lol:

Remember: ice floats! So the chilled water will actually be at the bottom. :wink:

A couple of hacks from me:

Get some small freezer blocks, the ones which are about 3" square. Freeze them and pop them in or under drinkers. If you have larger gravity drinkers, then part-fill a plastic water bottle and freeze it, then pop in the big drinkers. This keeps the drinking water cool all day.