AndyRoo

Best place to buy wool online?

Hello,

Does anyone buy wool online? Is there a particularly good place to buy it from?

All of the knitting stores here in Bristol seem to be closing down and I'm running out of ideas as where to get some. I want to get ahead of the curve this year and knit myself a snood and jumper before it gets cold. Last year I started with the snow, and it was ready by the time it had gotten warm again. lol

TTFN

11 hours ago, Cat tails said:

Sorry... only know Dutch sites. But what type of jumper are you planning to knit?

I don’t knit and have given up crocheting clothes, but had the same idea about a new scarf, to at least start this time when it’s still warm.

Just a normal round neck sweater. Nothing too fancy. As for the snood, I'm going for a very large oversized one.

Www.loveknitting.com is where I buy most of my wool - lots of choice and delivery is very quick. If you register you'll get regular emails about special offers, discounts etc - usually you have to buy quite a lot to benefit from the discount though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olly said:

Www.loveknitting.com is where I buy most of my wool - lots of choice and delivery is very quick. If you register you'll get regular emails about special offers, discounts etc - usually you have to buy quite a lot to benefit from the discount though. 

49 minutes ago, Lydia said:

Another vote for loveknitting.com. I make a lot of socks and they have some super yarn for those. They are also good to get needles and such that aren’t available elsewhere - I wouldn’t be without my 30cm circular which I’ve never seen elsewhere,

Thanks guys! I'll go and check that out.

On 15/09/2018 at 7:30 PM, yvonne said:

There is a lovely shop in Bath called Wool - prob not the cheapest but lots of real wool both UK and from overseas.

I actually shop in that one! I got some wool from there just the other day for a jumper. But the prices are a little eye-watering!

11 hours ago, AndyRoo said:

I actually shop in that one! I got some wool from there just the other day for a jumper. But the prices are a little eye-watering!

I was there last Thursday, lovely ladies and great wool, credit card still in shock though😧. 

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1