Martin B

Do you know what?

Do you know what it is like to have the beach in your bedroom?

Well, after my hermit crabs post, I have done lots of reading up and....

hermie002.jpg

Well this is the tank, minus the crabs. It's quite a basic set up, with lots of shells and things to do. I'm going to buy some artificial plants to make it look even more "beachy". Starting up has cost a bomb, even without the crabs. Which will be another £48! :shock:

This is their cool little hide out. It is basically half a coconut, but with a door cut out and a few wholes drilled in the top.

hermie001.jpg

Next is the Rockpool area. It's made up of 3 rock dishes. 1 will contain salt water for bathing, the other will cotain treated tap water for drinking and the other will contain food!

hermie003.jpg

There will be plenty of choice of shells for the crabs. I've got mainly natural looking ones, but a pair of nice blue ones aswell.

hermie004.jpg

Pets at home should be getting some back in stock soon, every date they have given me so far has been wrong! :roll:

Notcutts in Solihull has sold hermit and rainbow crabs for years, but they've stopped selling them this week! :evil: Just as I wanted them! :roll:

Hopefully I'll get some this week.

That looks like a great set up you have there Martin - I'm sure they'll love it (when they eventually arrive :roll: )

So, will you be breeding them and selling the eggs?? :wink:

I'd love a beach in my bedroom! You just need to have the sound of gently lapping waves now and it will be perfect! 8)

My Mum is buying me 4, but I might buy an additional one out of my money! I looked up on the internet the "crabs to tank size" index, and it recons I could get 6 in ok! :D

You can buy crab sand from pets at home for £2.99 but I've been told you could just use Early Learning Centre play sand. DO NOT USE BUILDERS SAND!

That set up looks fantastic! Have they got a cork climbing wall at the back there? The coconut hideout reminds me of a little mud hut - cute!

Love the blue shells and the unusual spikey one. YOur crabs are going to love their new home! They need a hammock for the beach scene ....oh & a poolside bar! :wink:

Hope you get them soon.

Emma.x

Right, these were took literally 5 minutes ago. I've had them for just over 24hours and we picked them up from P@H in Gloucester.

What do you see in this picture other than sand, a log and a crablu?

crabs001.jpg

Well in the top corner are 2 of my resting hermit crabs. Only to be disturbed for the purpose of these photos! :roll::lol:

Well first of all we have Tikí and Túko.

crabs013.jpg

Yes, they were on my bed! Here is a picture of them on my hand to prove that I am not scared of them.

crabs010.jpg

They have such a fierce grip, as I should know as one of my crabs pinched me earlier! Owwww! I don't mind though. When they walk on my hand it is a lovely tickling sensation!

Here is Tikí or Túko (They are so similar)

crabs003.jpg

Next we have Umo 'n' Ubo! :lol:

First of all is Ubo...

crabs005.jpg

and this is Umo... (Look at the pincer :shock: )

crabs009.jpg

Umo is a little scaredy cat, everytime I go to pick him up, he goes straight back into his shell, using his Pincer as a door so that I can not see him at all. Umo is the one that pinched me! :cry: I didn't really cry, it was shock more than anything.

Well, I'm sure I will flood you with more pictures in the coming days.

What do you think?

Martin