Guest Penguinmad

The Anti Chicken wants to get......

A CUBE!

Mum, who didn't want chickens said when I built the run that we could get more chickens in it. Her latest daft idea is that the 3 girls we have are getting all wound up being in a queue for the nesting box and need to have more nesting boxes!!! She's been on to Omlet today about a recon PURPLE CUBE! :D They are getting back to us tomorrow so fingers crossed all.

I also hope to persuade them to deliver themselves, we show as outside the delivery area but I tried friends postcodes and they are inside despite taking longer to get to from the A12 which the Omlet van would have to go down. Also I've just checked and we are just 1 mile further than them according to google maps and it shows as being less time to us! (no urban driving to us, straight down a former A road but into town for them)

Of course once I have a Cube I'll just have to get more Chooks, was planning to do so in Spring but may bend on that

wooooohoooooo!!! :D

Great news!

I am just outside the delivery area too, & when I put in friend's postcodes (admittedly one in Cheshire near to the Blue Planet aquarium) Omlet will deliver there.... but time-wise it takes no longer from the M6 turn off for their house than the junction a bit further up for us to get there than it does to our house :evil:

When I eventually get my cube hubby says he wants Omlet guy to put it up for us. too.

Well we didn't get the recon one, it had already been promised after all - lady did say she wasn't sure which was why they were phoning back :cry:

Mum is so bothered about the girls queuing for the nesting box though that she's happy to spring the extra £50 for a new one :dance:

I guess it'll be a longer wait though :cry:

Shirl - I think we are only about 6 mins from the A12 too, we will have to get together for some chicken chat one day - maybe you can come and visit the Cube when it comes!!!

Mum called Omlet today and got a recon one after all. it's green which I was dithering over - I love purple but all the run is green to match the Eglu.

Mum had done a 1471 after they called yesterday and got a geographical number because she knows I go mad about her calling on the 0845 number and running up unessacary bills. She spoke to a man who was really helpful, seemed to know his stuff but did sound surprised to have got a customer ringing on that number. It was James! :shock:

We can have it delivered 1st Oct by courier or 26th Oct by Omlet - so a decision there, how hard is it to put together? We are having it without a run. :?

I then expressed conxern that by end of Oct we will not get best price on the Eglu - its not really the time of year to buy one for a first timer and she says we can keep it till spring and use it for intros when we get some more girls then :dance:

I'm actually hoping to make a profit on it, I paid £250 for it when it was a week old, I've used it since May and will put it in the Summerhouse over Winter ready to post on Ebay in the spring. I've seen a number go for around the £300 mark which would mean that the new cube isn't costing us too much. :lol:

Yep, can't type, can't pick stuff up and as I said to a bunch of year 10 boys can't even pick my nose! (That kinda thing makes year 10 boys think you are fun!!!)

I do however love the way they look at the end of my fingers, I have long fingers and they finish them off well even now when they need painting and infilling.

I will not get them taken off though cos that just involves holding your fingers in warm nail polish remover! I'm working on losening them, it worked last time and I don't think these ones were a very good job so I'm hopeful.

No 0898 numbers but the first month we lived together she spent £25 on phone calls when we have an inclusive package. Last month I had her down to 30p! Just by looking up geographical numbers before making the calls and only calling mobiles from our mobiles which have unlimited xnet minutes.

In real terms thats £25 a month saved which is £300 per year and I PAID LESS THAN THAT FOR OUR EGLU!!! So it's an Eglu out of the savings!!!!

No 0898 numbers but the first month we lived together she spent £25 on phone calls when we have an inclusive package. Last month I had her down to 30p! Just by looking up geographical numbers before making the calls and only calling mobiles from our mobiles which have unlimited xnet minutes.

I do that too Pengy, we have a Tesco free calls all day tarrif, which includes landlines only. Any other calls I try to find a geographical number or sneak a call from work. All mobiles are done on my inclusive 100 minutes on my mobey call plan. Rosie now knows the rules, and never calls without checking first.