Los Tres Pollos

Cube Run Access and New Glug hanging

Like most with the new glug I have found it difficult to hang in the run and even more difficult to remove with water in it. Mainly due to the size of the door in to the run. Ideally a full height door would have been better but we have what we have.

With a dicky knee and weak back kneeling down to clean the run and the grub and glug was difficult. A solution was needed. Seemed to me the easiest thing would be to remove the panel above the run door to gain access from above rather than below. Checking the clips (20+) used to fix the panel, most were not really doing anything. What I have done is remove all the clips from the side and top of the panel and use those on the bottom as a hinge, allowing it to fold down thereby getting access to the glug and grub from above, would also allow raking of run without having to assume the prone position.

I've used about 10 clips to re-fix it which will make it easier/quicker to drop down next time. I'll post some pictures to show how it works but thought I'd share this so as to save others backs and knees :lol:

Good idea Kevin!

I don't have a cube (yet) :wink: , but have a (blue eglu) with extension run. As it is so long, i have to take the extension end off to s"Ooops, word censored!"e out the dirty aubiose every so often. I have now taken all the clips off and re-secure with cable ties. They are cheap to buy and can be cut when i need to. No more shredded fingers from those clips!!! :D

sounds like hard work to me. I stagger round my Heath Robinson run digging all the poo into the ground every blue moon. Watched by all the girls and Reggie and Ronnie, the two sleek young rats that live in the bush in the run.

I have two rat boxes full to the gunwhales with poison etc. All the rats do is laugh.

I can't get a decent shot with the airgun becos the hens get in the way.

Its a b****r. I wouldn't worry about it myself - if they were red with tails everyone would be going ahhh its a red squirrel. But OH gets quite het up when they nibble her toes. Don't understand it myself but there you go - women, you can't live with 'em and you can't live

with 'em. I'll never understand them if I live to be 100, which isn't that long away really.

They prefer growers to layers pellets (the rats do, not the women).

Richard, call the council in. They will bring over a poison tube that only rats can get into. The rat living in my Mum's compost bin was gone within a week.

Thats if you won't miss Reggie and Ronnie? :wink:

(i can't believe you have named them. Mind you, the field mouse that ate my borlotta beans is called Mrs Frisby) :wink:

Richard, call the council in. They will bring over a poison tube that only rats can get into. The rat living in my Mum's compost bin was gone within a week.

Thats if you won't miss Reggie and Ronnie? :wink:

(i can't believe you have named them. Mind you, the field mouse that ate my borlotta beans is called Mrs Frisby) :wink:

I've had a really bad year for beans. my broad beans weren't bad but the Borlotti beans were terrible this year. they did really well last year but I had very few this time.

Mind you, the tomatoes have been poor, as have my courgettes. But my potatoes have been brilliant - loads of them and they have been really big.