SeramaSilly

Can anyone recommend a cheap(ish) laptop that would be good for word, excel and powerpoint?

26 minutes ago, SeramaSilly said:

I need to brush up on my IT skills and want to book a vision2learn course but need a laptop first.  Can anyone please recommend one?

Are you specifically working with Microsoft for a job etc? Or just want to learn for personal use?

If it is the latter, any Chromebook will do. Think you can get one for about €300. But often can’t install programmes like Excel and Word, but use the similar online programs of Google.

Advice seems to be to have a look round at a mid price £280 to £350) and see what is on offer. Seems that they are much of a muchness and, as long as you check that they will run any specific programmes that you need, there should be some good deals around at the moment. We have always had Acer laptops and they have all be fine (touch wood!) although I prefer to use a proper keyboard with it but that's my choice!

On 11/25/2018 at 2:45 PM, soapdragon said:

Advice seems to be to have a look round at a mid price £280 to £350) and see what is on offer. Seems that they are much of a muchness and, as long as you check that they will run any specific programmes that you need, there should be some good deals around at the moment. We have always had Acer laptops and they have all be fine (touch wood!) although I prefer to use a proper keyboard with it but that's my choice!

On 11/27/2018 at 4:17 PM, Geoid said:

Something like this would be perfect for the job. Or this which is (just) under £200

I'm so sorry - I've only just seen this - thank you both so much! 😀 x