Roksteddie

Cream Legbar vs Aracauna

7 hours ago, AndyRoo said:

They look lovely, the result of a genetic mutation. They're very rare, hence the astronomical cost of them. I'd kill to get hold of some to breed them - if only to make them less rare! I think I also read that they could be quite aggressive as they traditionally came from fighting breeds - but I may be confusing them with something else.

Supposedly their mutation even extends to their blood which is also black!

Not their blood, but their meat and skin is black too.

8 hours ago, Cat tails said:

Not their blood, but their meat and skin is black too.

I'd read an article on Vice which suggested their blood was black too, and got used in 'rituals'. I didn't think blood could be black. Maybe it was hyperbole for the article in question.

Their blood is normal colour 😂

The Asian hard feathers are quite prized, well good examples are, and their pens have to be guarded at poultry shows. Anthony has a trio at Cotswold Chickens; can't remember where they came from, but he had them up for sale. Lovely birds and quite docile. I think they are striking, but not for me.

Easter Eggers are just what Americans call Araucana and Araucana crosses ...much the same as they call Pekins, Cochin Bantams which don't exist in the UK.

Ayam Cemani were really popular a few years ago so lots of people started breeding them ...meaning the price (and quality!) came down loads! They are readily available in the UK now and not all that expensive

• Thanks 1