Valkyrie

Has anyone spotted actinic purpurea?

Spotted a little patch on my arm the other day - I'd been helping OH drag and cut up branches for shredding, probably dug my arm with a branch (I did have sleeves so no broken skin) and only found it when I was in the bath.  The most annoying thing about research was that it usually appears in the elderly (among other causes).  Am I elderly now?  Noooooooooooo?  I thought elderly was my mum - not me!  

Last Summer I notice that the skin on the back of my hands was getting easily damaged and was slow to heal. I started using factor 30 sun cream and the skin condition has improved dramatically. I'm not alone with that problem down here. An awful lot of people have skin issues, which I think must be down to the sun exposure.

Awww that's sweet! 

My patch now looks more like cooked liver than raw, so I think it's slowly going.  I have a strawberry shaped birthmark (and pinky red) on the bottom of my foot.  I also have different pigment colours like a large round tea stain on my leg that I have had since I was a child and my face has a patch on my left side.  In summer I look like half a ventriloquist dummy where the line goes down my chin from my mouth, along the jaw and up in front of my ear.  It then has a line across my temple to my eyebrow and follows the eyebrow right round to the nose.  There it seems to disperse a bit and mix in with my freckles over the nose.  I hate photos because it looks like I have a black eye!

• Thanks 1

I think my specs hide a lot of it.  And I wear caps and hats to try and shield it!  LOL!  Passport photo - oh dear.  No more passport photos for me - but then I had to have a new drivers licence when we moved.  I look like I'm on the "Most Wanted" - really rough!  LOL!