ajm200

Earache relief

Tonight I’ve got earache and the pain is driving me insane. I’ve maxed out on painkillers and tried hot and cold packs, hot drinks, a rice bag and warm olive oil -  No luck.  Doctors isn’t an option tomorrow as they have already said it doesn't look infected.  Drs appts are like gold-dust and I have back-to-back appts all day at solicitors, banks, building societies, etc. Being ill has to wait!

I’m hoping someone knows a trick I haven’t tried yet as it has been an exhausting few days and I really need sleep! 

Earache is horrid ajm200, I suffer with trigeminal neuralgia which affects my right ear, I put a hot wheat bag around my neck not on my ear and also put a small amount of ibuprofen gel in my ear which helps. Obviously this isn't one of the uses for ibuprofen on the leaflet but it helps me and was something my doctor told me to try, but if you think it may be infected then insist on seeing a doctor, your health comes before anything else. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you are sorted now AJM, I would add a decongestant in as maybe build up of fluid behind eardrum causing pain. Also chewing gum as movement of jaw up and down can help fluid drain.

Didn’t get an appt but the pain is easing so I assume my immune system has kicked in .  Will try these tips to get some sleep tonight