Patricia W

Phillip has gone to Heaven!

No, he hasn’t died!  His ‘flock’ has dwindled to two very elderly ladies of 10+ and as I’ve decided not to expand this little group again, I decided it was only fair to rehome him.  He’s only around 5 and would love some ladies.  So, I put him on a Cockerel ‘dating’ FB site called Big Red Rooster.  

He has been snapped up by a lovely couple who live on a small holding about 45 mins away.   I took him over this morning and not only has he a purple cube to live in ( his old one is Blue)  he has 10 ladies now!    The enormous WIR is attached to a stable block for shelter and has two separate areas.  And, it is perched on a hillside overlooking West Wycombe in the Chilterns, so if he gets tired of his ladies, he can gaze at the view.  I left him strutting his stuff! 

So, I’m left with Willie, formerly known as Millie, a millefleur Barbe d’ucle and his two wives, and kept separately, the two pensioners.  It seems very quiet here as Willie is not competing with Phillip.  The end of an era.  I feel quite sad. 

• Like 1

He’s a silver laced Polish Bantam. All white and black lacy patterns. 

I adopted him from Chickabee originally. She couldn’t keep him and we’d just lost Phillip 1st.  The handover happened in the Costa Coffee Shop at Beaconsfield Services on the M40!  Perhaps it’s appropriate that his new home is off Junction 5 of the M40.