Thanks for your replies.  Sorry not to have replied before but I hurt my arm and couldn't type.  It wasn't the run I was bothered about, but the Eglu itself.  Are there any ways of securing it?  It's still in the box and the hens aren't arriving until October so I suppose we can assemble it now and see what happens.

Hi, what kind of run do you have?  If it is one of the ones that attaches to the Eglu if you use the screw pegs on the run it will also secure the Eglu (this is what I do as when it was very windy the wind would get under the cover that was on my run attached to the cube and lift it up a little but the screw pegs fixed this for me, I use them on the run attached to the classic now as a just in case)
If there is nothing attached to the Eglu classic itself then I think its unlikely it would blow over but as you say assembling it first and seeing how it does before you get your hens is probably the best idea.