Cinnamon

The wanderer returns, injured this time

well they do say cats fall on their feet - glad that Evie was ok. If they only knew the trouble they put us through!

Re the possibly feral cat, I think my logic would be along the lines of: no good, responsible owner would keep an entire tom and let it roam free. Therefore, he does not have a good, responsible owner. Therefore, getting him neutered would be an act of kindness, not only to him but to all the female cats around. Not to mention saving dozens of (future) kittens from being abandoned, injured, starved or worse.

That's a totally different thing to feeding, and removing the collar from, a cat which is obviously loved and cared for and has a good home.

Re the possibly feral cat, I think my logic would be along the lines of: no good, responsible owner would keep an entire tom and let it roam free. Therefore, he does not have a good, responsible owner. Therefore, getting him neutered would be an act of kindness, not only to him but to all the female cats around. Not to mention saving dozens of (future) kittens from being abandoned, injured, starved or worse.

Agree totally.

Bit pricey I expect. It would calm him down though.

I agree too - for a few months - a feral tom visited myself and a neighbour, he had a bad abcess, which we managed (with scratches) to bathe and cover with wound powder. No collar - filthy and obviously entire, Steve and I spoke to the vet and arranged for us to catch him and get him de-nadgered at a discount. But 'Old Tom' must've got wind of the idea and disappeared a couple of weeks later :roll:

It would've kept him out of fights, and who knows, if he'd been more sociable and cleaner, someone might have given him a home. he was quite approachable for a feral tom.

I actually have a home all lined up for him, but only once he's neutered, so I'm dithering. He's a lovely looking boy, not too beaten up, and not exactly friendly, but certainly not nasty to humans anyway. dither dither. He is the father of Cleo's kittens (should she be pregnant, still not sure) so I feel a certain responsibility for him. BUT he may belong to one of the old dears over the road in sheltered housing, in which case I would feel terrible. Maybe time to do another leaflet drop and see if anyone owns up this time.