Cinnamon

The wanderer returns, injured this time

:evil: alternatevily follow chilli... find the owners... and ask them what they think they are playing at! :evil:

Not an option I am afraid.

We have woods on 3 sides & also a stream which he hops over & to get into the woods & probably off to some houses beyond.

He is much more agile than me, & there is no way a human could get through those woods & over the stream to follow him .......he also has to scale 2 sheds first :?

:(

I had my cat for 17 years and we were worried when she kept going missing, so I put a big tag on her collar with our details on it. We got a phone call from a lady saying she had our cat and demanded to know why she was in such poor condition. I was fuming, but explained she was very old. Turned out the lady and her boyfriend lived at no1 on our street, we lived at no7. She bought Chloe back but she kept going back to the couple. In the end I agreed they could keep her, but I was heartbroken! :cry:

It is annoying when people feed other people's cats. They don't know if they have a special diet and the cat could end up staying at the persons house. :evil:

Talking of purple spray gave me an idea. Fit one of those name tags that is a little screw top barrel. Fill the barrel with potassium permanganate. Whoever tries to undo the barrel will get it all over their hands - and a tiny bit goes a very long way! :twisted: And goes very bright purple! :twisted: I may be able to send you a sachet if you fancy giving it a go Sarah! :lol:

Talking of purple spray gave me an idea. Fit one of those name tags that is a little screw top barrel. Fill the barrel with potassium permanganate. Whoever tries to undo the barrel will get it all over their hands - and a tiny bit goes a very long way! :twisted: And goes very bright purple! :twisted: I may be able to send you a sachet if you fancy giving it a go Sarah! :lol:

Nice idea :lol:

I have one of those on my shopping list for tomorrow, but I think I will write a note first,asking them what they think they are up to,(politely,of course!)

Blue powder will be next on my list though 8):lol:

We had problems in our last house, with a woman a few doors down who thought it was her right to feeed all the neighbourhood cats. My lovely Mog decided that her food was nicer, and I didn't see him for months, despite the fact I had told her to stop feeding him. Things came to a head when, 6 months after our neighbour had started letting him into her house, and he had stopped coming back to ours, he got in a fight and injured his eye. She had the cheek to bring him up to ours in a box, and told us we needed to take him to the vets. She was told in no uncertain terms that if she was willing to steal other peoples cats by feeding them, then she had to be willing to pay for the vets bills when they became ill. :evil::evil:

She certainly did - we phoned the local vets the next day to make sure that she had taken Mog to have treatment.

It was a shame though, as because of her refusal to stop feeding all the cats, we had to stop letting Tigger out for a while, as he nearly died because kidney problems, and he had been put on a special diet, which was basically keeping him alive, as normal food caused a build up of crystals in his urine, and blocked his willy. :shock::shock::shock:

I just can't understand what these people are thinking.

I would never,ever feed a cat that appeared in my garden, unless it was a very obvious stray & looked like it had been through some trauma.

You just don't do you?

You don't go up to other peoples children in the street & give them sandwiches....well, I don't :lol:

Now that Phil has fixed the magnetic cat flap, we're not getting the unwelcome visitors that we were. Mango still waltzes in when I have the back door open, but I evict him... he's a lovely chap, but this isn't his home!

That reminds me - I was laughing my head off last night - next door but one have two gorgeous little British Blue kittens - Biscuit (the big jessie) was being chased by the little boy last night. My big lump of silliness was racing along with a look of abject terror on his face! :lol::lol::lol: He wasn't too impressed with me laughing at him either. I wouldn't mind, but the kitten is only abouut a third of his size!

I'm still umming and aahing about catching and neutering the boy who comes (and pees) in our house. I think he's feral, but I can't be sure and it just doesn't seem right to have him done. And the new cat flap is doing the business in keeping him out of the house, it just makes me so angry when he attacks my cats in THEIR garden. He really does hurt them. I throw bricks near him whenever I see him, but he just doesn't get the hint.

In other news, Evie, who is four weeks pregnant, fell out a first floor window last night. I screamed my head off and ran down to scoop her up and whisk her to the vets. Then she sauntered in through the catflap, and starting demanding more food. Seems fine. Unlike me, half my hair turned white in the three seconds it took me to fly down the stairs.