AJuff

Green ears!

I am starting to get excited. Heather our oldest columbine is showing signs of coming into lay, comb growing and face turning from pink to red. No crouching yet though. However I've just caught a glimpse of her ears and they are green!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean she will lay green eggs for def?

Karen, our Leghorn lays pure white eggs - when she feels like it!! :roll: When I got her I was told they were prolific layers, well maybe in comparison to a cockerel they are but she lays on average once or twice a week if you're lucky. But they are pure white so at least you know when shes done it. Interestingly on the day we had 7 eggs we didn't have a white one, so she either laid a brown one or someone laid two :?:shock:

Mrs B

Karen, our Leghorn lays pure white eggs - when she feels like it!! :roll: When I got her I was told they were prolific layers, well maybe in comparison to a cockerel they are but she lays on average once or twice a week if you're lucky.

Mrs B

Oh poop :( I got 2 leghorns and a magpie to boost our egg production, as at the moment my 9 are laying 1 or 2 between them per day :roll:

Perhaps when the Lilly Iris and Falcon get a little older we may get enough for one each for breakfast :lol:

karen x