Peter

My ladies are my best friends

I have had 40 bunches of sweat grapes this year from my greenhouse. I love eating any type of grapes and also dose my granddaughter but even more do the chickens. I have to hide them until I sit down. Then they go crazy for them. So, if you want to encourage them be tame give them grapes and they will sit on your knee and be your best friends. Sometimes one of the sits on my shoulder but as it happens no one to take the photo.

2g.jpg

3g.jpg

IMG_20200915_180008.jpg

20200927_150235.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments. I live in the in a small tranquil village near Hexham Northumberland. I have the usual up north weather which has been about 4 to 8degrees and sometimes wet in the winter these passed years. About 20 years ago one night we were known for our village being colder than the north pole. The grapes I grow are a greenhouse/outdoor variety which as you gather are very sweet and I get about 40 bunches a year of the one vine. I also have 7 vines out side which I use as wall and fence covering. They do some times have small grapes but the black birds enjoy them. Peter.