Girly

Porridge for breakfast!

My girls love porridge but am I doing the right thing for them?   They have layers pellets first thing then it’s either porridge made with rolled oats and oatmeal or greens etc and a bit of 27AED313-6275-42CA-8248-BB96A81D1A7E.thumb.jpeg.63b51c3fa9d172e2063197a1a801e904.jpeg
scratch before bedtime.  I don’t give them too much at a time, we have some rats and a fox in the vicinity so I like to make sure there is no food or water left in the run.  

Yes, the only difference between their porridge and mine is that I like a puddle of milk on mine and a squeeze of honey.  But they make me smile when I give them theirs, you would think they were starving! 

3 hours ago, ellasflock said:

Mine Love porridge too! Porridge is really good for chickens, and a nice breakfast snack in the winter. Your chickens look gorgeous!

Thank you.  

2 hours ago, Girly said:

Yes, the only difference between their porridge and mine is that I like a puddle of milk on mine and a squeeze of honey.  But they make me smile when I give them theirs, you would think they were starving! 

My girls often make me smile.

It is mostly Molly that does it, but she always makes the happiest sounds when you give her something nice.

One day, I gave them something and it definitely sounded like she said thank you with a slight chicken accent.

I like golden syrup on my porridge :wink: or condensed milk, yuummm.

• Like 1