Janty

Quail care

My son has been given 6 quail. Most of the poultry books have very little info. We have ordered a book but were wondering if anybody had any advise, tips, etc. to help us on our way. They are very sweet but totally batty. I know the usual that they try to drown themselves so we have a special water dispenser and that they take off like a harrier jump jet when frightened...which is useful when the man who gave them to us said that they would be alright kept in a rabbit hutch. Anyway, I have ordered them an aviary type cage which can be kept on grass which should make them happier. At the moment they live in the hutch at night with lots of straw and during the day they have a huge run to roam around in.

Further advice would be most welcome.

how are they getting on?

i have my quail in a hutch with the guinea pig. they eat mixed corn, layers pellets and guinea pig food! they need water (which you said you had taken care of)

they also love millet sticks that budgies eat.

With the guinea pig! :shock::lol:

Do they get on all right? :lol:

With the guinea pig! :shock::lol:

Do they get on all right? :lol:

Yes the guinea pig and the quail get on fine!

At the farm i work at they have guinea pigs,2 chickens,2 rabbits and a golden pheasant and quail all in together and there has never been a problem!

Quail are really nice pets