Toyota Prius

Teracotta Tiles

Waistcoats

Old sheets over poles for curtains

Pyjamas

Boat necks

Birkenstocks

Don't know about you, but she scares the pants off of me :shock:

I'd rather be Boden woman than Lands' End woman. whatever is going on with their clothes? Who thinks up those colours?

Apologies to Lands' End fans out there

Now I am glad I am not a Lands End Woman, or I would fall off the cliff ---- don't you dare

(In fact once James reads my rantings about his blog on his post, I will not only be pushed off the cliff, barred forever more - he might even come and take my eglu back.........)

SORRY JAMES, SORRY JAMES, SORRY JAMES, it is just when you get old you can tell little boys off. :lol::lol::lol:

(Might as well get hung for a cockerell as a hen

What about the BeWise woman :oops: ?

I bought a pair of sandals and a handbag from Boden once but sent them back! Couldn't justify the cost of the handbag which I'd ordered in a mad moment and the sandals were uncomfortable!! The clothes look lovely but I can't afford any of them :cry: !

Oh Kate you did make me chuckle :D:D

Errm, I'm a little confused :?

I've seen a Boden catalogue, thought some of the styles a bit boring, or too twee and flowery for me, and the couple of items that I did like were ridiculously expensive, so I've never owned a single Boden item in my life. Never even heard of Toast :shock:

But I don't shop from catalogues, not for clothes anyway, I'd much prefer to try on and check something fits properly and suits me before I buy it. Too much scope for impulse buys with mail order, and then I never quite get round to returning them because Post Offices are never open as many hours as I need them to be. I've made too many expensive mistakes that way in the past, so I stopped mail order clothes shopping when the children were little.

But I pride myself on being fairly eclectic in style, I don't want to be categorised or stereotyped. Some days I'll wear jeans, or combats, with trainers, other days flowery, floaty dresses with ballet style pumps, other days more formal trouser suits or straight skirts with killer heels or knee high boots :roll: . Problem is I'm a moody old bag, and I dress to suit my mood, and my budget.

That said looking at the Boden vs Toast attributes, I'm a mix of both. I love Nigella's book, fluffy duvets & chickens, and aspire to an Aga, Tiffany heart & Jo Malone products, but have settled for cheaper alternatives to all of those (Boden), but I also love Wagamama and Narnia, and would like a Toyota Prius (Toast). Not at all sure about Lazlo and Zelda, not my choice of names at all......... what does naming my beautiful children Sebastian and Imogen say about me then?

:wink: Ok peeps have read this with interest, as a friend of mine does buy BODEN. The clothes look really nice ... though I would have a hard time justifying the cost, the most expensive item I own at the moment are a pair of Timberland boots (on my feet as I type, and cost £110) ... even then Graham bought me them, as I could not justify having such expensive things. :wink: .

With regard to the Scots/English thing ..... I was born in Wiltshire, lived in Scotland for 18 yrs, from the age of 11, and am back South for the last 7 years. :wink: . I definately know who "generally" are the most kind and generous peeps, and give the best hospitality ... and it aint here in England. :P .

Boden is nice .... but whther or not you wear it/ can afford it, will never replace true "worth" in its true sense, whether flash with the cash or not.

Ooooh ... rant over ....... off to have another look at Boden online :lol:

I just work on the following principles:-

* If it looks like a tent it will fit. :?

* Does it have a stretchy waistband?

* Will chicken poo wash off easily?

* It must have NO names on it - no writing at all! (they can pay me to advertise!)

I don't like buying clothes in the size I am at the moment so Matalan will suit me fine :D

* It must have NO names on it - no writing at all! (they can pay me to advertise!)

Exactly what Shep (OH) says, Lesley. You two have so much in common! :shock: ..... :lol::wink:

I agree. When my boys were young it was the start of it becoming impossible to buy a plain tracksuit/sweatshirt thing, even for junior school age, let alone adult.

Everything has a logo one. Another pet hate! :twisted::evil:

(Exception for Omlet Tshirt, worn with pride!) :roll::lol:

:roll: Trinny and Susannah on their way girls!! :D

I hope you mean the chickens, Grd (somebody gave their chooks these names. 8) )

By the sound of things, some people already let their chooks choose their clothes for them! :roll::D:D:D

For some reason images from Little Britain are springing to mind....!! :shock::shock::D

Graham! :shock: You really are naughty - I only have to be poorly for one day and you're back taunting the girls. Let them wear what they like. :roll:

I don't like to wear labels either, and am proud that the lovely chocolate brown cardi I wore to Kew is from Tesco for £10. I love it and wear it as much as I can.

Am wearing 'poorly clothes' today as I have a dodgy tummy and was up all last night, so need comfort round the waist area. Hence, trackie bottoms, and top with cat hair on it where Millie was lying on my chest while i was on the sofa :roll: . I have to look smart for work, so I like to relax at home sometimes and slob out a bit.

For some reason images from Little Britain are springing to mind....!! :shock::shock::D

Graham! :shock: You really are naughty - I only have to be poorly for one day and you're back taunting the girls. Let them wear what they like. :roll:

Sorry - I just can't help myself. :P

Hence, trackie bottoms, and top with cat hair on it where Millie was lying on my chest while i was on the sofa :roll: . I have to look smart for work, so I like to relax at home sometimes and slob out a bit.

"slob out a bit..." - sounds like an understatement. :shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:wink:

[

I don't like to wear labels either, and am proud that the lovely chocolate brown cardi I wore to Kew is from Tesco for £10. I love it and wear it as much as I can.

Couldn't agree more. I am wearing MY lovely chocolate brown Tesco cardi today too :D

I just thought it was funny that this magazine had catagorised Boden buyers as chicken lovers - IF I had any Boden I would not wear it in the garden :?

The whole article was sort of tongue in cheek, & it makes a pretty entertaining read (It was Easy Living by the awy - I got it free :D )

So Graham - what are you wearing....are you a Boden man ?????

So Graham - what are you wearing....are you a Boden man ????? [/color]

I'm wearing Boden pants (a different pair to yesterday, obviously :wink:). I have three Boden zip tops and two Boden Jackets - all sale items, apart from the pants. :roll:

Right now I am wearing Uniqlo Jeans in antique indigo (£10), and an M&S Americana T-Shirt (£15). Barefoot (£0). :wink:

Hence' date=' trackie bottoms, and top with cat hair on it where Millie was lying on my chest while i was on the sofa :roll: . I have to look smart for work, so I like to relax at home sometimes and slob out a bit.[/quote']

"slob out a bit..." - sounds like an understatement. :shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:wink:

I am going to ignore that one grd :roll:

Sarah - we must have the same cardi!