feemcg

C'mon Scotland........

I'm just not into football, but I must admit that I have enjoyed the last week - local radio has really been behind the Scotland team, and there has been a real sense of national identity and excitement. A lovely positive excitement about success, which hopefully will continue despite the result tonight.

:D:D:D

It is Real Radio! Ewan Cameron and Roughie always put a smile on my face, despite the fact I'm not a footie fan. I had the commentary on for the last Scotland match (v's Ukraine?! I think)to give the boys score updates, and Roughie was doing it - highly biased, and hilarious! When Scotland scored, you could hear Ewan Cameron on the background singing along with the crowd! :lol::lol:

Cecil and his 'boaby' are a wind up character on the breakfast show. the joke being he gets his boaby (his MOUSE) stuck in things - post boxes, washing machines, vending machines etc, and phones the appropriate company for advice on how to get his boaby out. My boys think it's hilarious - 'Cecils' voice, and the fact that he would lose his mouse in a machine, while the double entendre completely goes over their heads.

a link to one of the 'Cecil' wind-ups.....

We were lucky enough to be at the match - sitting very quietly amongst the Scots, secretly supporting Italy! The atmosphere was amazing and the the crowds after the game really friendly and shaking hands with the more obvious Italian supporters.

:)