Couperman

Darwin Awards Nominations

Well,

I nominate John and Anne Darwin!

Not only did he manage to kill himself in a stupid manner, canoeing in the North Sea, but he messed it up and lived, then promptly disappeared, only to reappear 5 years later having had his memory erased by Aliens.

His wife also got "Ooops, word censored!"bled by the Aliens because she forgot that he was still living at the family address after his death, when she claimed the insurance money.

He then decided to replace his beloved canoe with a luxury yacht and because he couldn't remember what he was called before he died he bought it as someone else called Jones.

Mrs Darwin also forgot that she had been on holiday with him last year! and forgot about the no publicity clause and agreed to have her photo taken with her deceased and have it posted on the internet.

Her memory then returned and she realised she had left a light on in the Panama holiday apartment and promptly upped sticks and jetted over there to turn it off. Her memory was still a bit shakey as she forgot her husband was in fact alive and left him behind. And she forgot to come back.

Then the Aliens struck again and she woke up in Miami :lol:

I think the Darwin's are in for a bit of a shock when thier memories finally return and they realise that they are still very much in debt and owe a further £70K for a very thorough search and rescue wild goose chase and are ever so slightly locked up. And their sons have decided to forget about them. Oh yeah and John used to be a prison officer so he will get an unforgetable reception in the Nick too :shock:

I know to win a Darwin award you need to die in a ridiculous way, but they still deserve one for pretending to die in a ridiculous fashion and then trying to come back from the dead in a more ridiculous fashion.

Don't give up hope though John it might have all been a dream. :roll:

That would have been a more plausible story, and it worked for Bobby Ewing!

Of course I am no way suggesting that they are guilty of fraud, but I don't think Mrs Darwin is helping the case for the defence much is she?

What a tangled web we weave........

Kev.

I'm a tad unsure as to whether the sons were in on it all as well. There have been a few things in the news that makes me think they may well be involved. The one I feel so terribly sorry for is his 93 year old father. To make a man of that age believe that his child has died is totally unforgiveable.

What a pair of numpties to think they could possibly get away with it!!

Joojoo wrote:

I'm a tad unsure as to whether the sons were in on it all as well. There have been a few things in the news that makes me think they may well be involved.

I read somewhere that both the sons gave up their jobs a couple of weeks before the father's reappearance, which sounds a bit fishy?

Tessa

That would explain it wouldn't it, I just can't imagine a mother doing that to her children! According to the paper I read this morning he came back because he missed his sons, but it sounds like that may just be another yarn. :roll: I agree - numpties! :?

But wait ....

the last laugh may be with these muppets. the media frenzy, book rights, film rights etc etc may actually mean that these folk end up with more money than you can shake a canoe at.

And hey, whats the betting one or other of the Darwins appears on Celebrity get me whatever wherever, or Stricty come prancing or some other of these daft programmes - big brother or whatever.

And can you really believe that they are called Darwin - evolution of the fittest? How much of a coincidence is that?

Theere is something not quite right about their plan....she has now come back and been arrested. :shock:

I'm not sure that would have been my move had I been her.

She'll be too old to appear on Strictly after she has finished her life sentence....even if let out early for good behaviour.

Egluntine wrote:

She'll be too old to appear on Strictly after she has finished her life sentence....even if let out early for good behaviour.

Was discussing this with a friend last night. He used to be a barrister and reckoned that they would probably get off quite lightly maybe deferred sentences, although he added that it may be ruled that they cannot profit from their crimes by doing newspaper or tv deals. They will end up free but broke and their lives totally messed up :roll: which is where they were before they hatched their 'get rich quick' plot.

Tessa