Swiss Chick

Love ?

Help!!!

I went to the local garden center with my hubby saturday to buy some chicken food and "spotted" some more of my favourite breed the Chabo chickens and fell in love with two of them.

One is a grey frizzled one heavily moulding , the other is a lovely black one with a white colour around the neck.

The grey one is almost bald and not a beauty right now. They are indoors in a greenery and if I bought them they would need to go in the cold straight away. We currently have - 3 C outside.

My hubby said that I can have them! Would have to wait though until next saturday.

Any advise ??? shall I buy them.??? Would the grey one survive in the "wild" almost naked.????? :wink:

She has such a beauuuuuutiful colour :D

I like the jumper solution. :lol:

Yes I do have sheds but they are not really suitable to put them in.

I could chance it and try to buy her later since her current state is not really "appealing" to potential buyers. To precise the greenhouse is not that warm but it would create a shock alltogether to put them outside. And yes Gina they are in it all the time currently 3 roosters and 10 hens in a big cage with saw dust but no roosting place I was quite amazed to see no fighting going on at all.

I dont' think it is really a Swiss thing to have chickens in the garden center. In this case the owner (a lady) is a breeder of silkies and therefore also sells hers in her shop. Then they host a japanese theme exhibition with bonsai trees and the chabo chickens to go with. They also have every easter time the bunnies and so many different chickenbreeds it is so lovely to see them all and you can always buy some chooks then. The only thing which is annoying is that the staff does not know much about the chickens so I have no idea really how old mine are. I know which breeder they come from I could find out but now it does not really matter anymore.